Stripy Meteor T7

This is the Special Hobby Meteor T7 with an Aeroclub camera nose and home made decals for a test aircraft from the A&AEE Boscombe Down. The stripes on the intakes and belly tank seem to have been very short-lived as most photos don't show them - I bet they were as much fun to paint on the real thing as they were for me!

e37fef5b-9cf9-4ae7-bb42-effd8af10779.jpg9
c6722a84-9662-45b3-8b4f-9d49d6bc7ca5.jpg
f50595f1-c3ff-4fc7-8c60-a7fe28a98873.jpg

Steve

• Like 30

Thanks.

7 hours ago, cngaero said:

You wouldn't loose that one in the dark. 

That's a lovely colour scheme and I bet you had a great time with the stripes. 

It does stand out a bit! The intake stripes were masked, painted and then several touch-ups but I cheated on the belly tank and used black decal stripes.

Cheers.

Steve

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic.  I never seen this aircraft before, at least not in this scheme.  Must have been a right palava to paint.  I wonder if it was for some sort of photo-telemetry purposes.  Great photography as well.  You've managed to get the right persepective with the background which, I would imagine, is very tricky to do.  

• Like 1

Cheers, I've only seen one poor photo of it in this scheme but luckily it's in flight so showed the belly tank as well as the intake stripes. No idea what the scheme was for but it was during the period of wacky schemes on the trials aircraft. The background was taken at RAF Cosford and I made no effort whatsoever to line things up, it's just turned out that way!

Steve

Really great build.

I own the cockpit of T7 WL405..which has the same Pr Nose as this and .currently restoring it for display at South Wales aviation museum.  This is the scheme it will be finished in.