3D72nd --> digital resources for the small scale armour modeller

Alvaro Rodriguez

Hi:

For those small scale armour modellers among us interested in 3D printing there you go some free digital items available for downloading.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And an upcoming release:

spacer.png

All these designs are available for download in the 3D72nd creations page in cults3D

Regards and thanks for watching!

Alvaro

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Courageous said:

Indeed.  Some may have the skill to produce the file but don't have a good printer, so a printer service would be nice. PM sent @badger re. tracks/ decals.

Stuart

Indeed and having seen the quality of these I'd happily pay for them.

Haven't had a PM though sadly @Courageous

• Like 1

Gents, thank you very much for your kind comments!

For those wanting to have prints of those designs but with no access to a 3D printer I´m well aware that such issue is for real and it´s of great concern to me but there is no way I could fill such gap I´m afraid.

It´s not my intention to become part of the aftermarket business printing for selling in this case. This decision is based on the fact that the time required for that could prevent me from designing new items, no other reason behind. I´m just an ordinary modeller.

However, and in an attempt of providing some assistance to the community, I could run a few casual print runs at some point. Past days I offered all the final prints I had from the development cycle of some designs to the chaps in the Missing Lynx Braille Scale Board.

All those prints are gone now, sorry, but just in case you wanted to take a look of these parts in printed form you have the public post here. I believe the best and safest way for these things is sharing everything openly. I also follow such simple rule during the development of my designs.

Once more, thank you for your positive input and watch this space!

Regards!

Alvaro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Alvaro

Thank you for your informative response. I completely understand your reasons not to become involved in producing items and fully appreciate these.

Thank you for making these available. 

Kind regards

Ben

• Thanks 1

Just for the record, I have received some nice pics by Lu Rodriguez of his build of the venerable Airfix Matador with some recent (re)prints of 3D72nd designs.

Regards!
Alvaro

spacer.png

Lu used the already released Goodyear wheels for the lorry and the upcoming set of wheels and ammo boxes for the 5.5" gun.

spacer.png

These are some nice views of this vintage kit with new shoes

spacer.png

Just in case you are asking, yes... Lu painted the 3D printed parts with a green laquer matching the Airfix styrene colour -!!-

spacer.png

A nice view of the 5.5" gun with new wheels

spacer.png

And a last picture including 5.5" gun ammo boxes and some 3D printed test rounds (work in progress) that Lu designed for his model. While turned metal parts will be superior for these things always the printed part look good too. Not perfect but not bad either.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Gents, this week release: new shoes for another venerable Airfix, the Scammell tractor!

spacer.png

Free to download in the 3D72nd creations page in cults3D

Now that november is over I´m already working in a few more small scale items for december. Expect further news anytime soon!

Once more, thank you for watching!

Regards!

Alvaro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Gents.

Past weeks I have been updating my Cults3D page with a few freebies more for the small scale AFV modeller.

Just for the record, I´ll repost the first ones just because I have redone all the artwork including pics of the prints for you all to see opoosed to the previous containing images of the CADs. This should help for having a clearer idea of how those designs are. Now what you see is what you get. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Regards!

Alvaro

• Thanks 3