Airfix Old Tool Spitfire Vb in 1/48th Scale.Finished.

Alex Gordon

A cracking result from the older kit Alex :goodjob:

While it would be hard to go too worn and scabby on the paint of this one it had to be fresh at some point in its life as well :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

Troy for the pointers,gen and general encouragement.

A pleasure Alex,  great to see the old beast given an update, I particularly like the added side walls, though sorting out the nose has been very worthwhile.

I'll also put a @Max Headroom as IIRC Trevor was mumbling about having on of these in the stash, and this will either inspire him or get it on ebay as Airfix collectable.

Been meaning to reassemble my Vb from circa 1980,  (not the conversion) it's not great, but not awful,  though reminds me how isolated modelling was then, so no perspective on what was good or bad....  

cheers

T

• Like 1

@Troy Smith you rang?

Great work being done here by @Alex Gordon on the Palitoy era Spit👍🏻.

mine is structurally complete except for undercarriage essentially and has been for about...........30 years? The tail wheel snapped off and so I put away. It became a bit of a paint mule. I now have an Eduard replacement (with main wheels as a bonus) and the spares from the new Spit I. 

I’m taking notes on this to see what I need to do -  mainly that thrust line I think.

Keep up the good work.

Trevor

• Like 1