Group Build policy discussion

8 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

There are individual polls in

I‘m very sorry - I seem to have trouble expressing my inquiry properly. The individual polls are exactly what I‘m looking for. None of this year seems to be open yet.

Thanks, Michael

4 minutes ago, Toryu said:

I‘m very sorry - I seem to have trouble expressing my inquiry properly. The individual polls are exactly what I‘m looking for. None of this year seems to be open yet.

Thanks, Michael

Aha!  I see what you mean.  The polls open at the end of each GB, usually for two weeks.  Some GBs don't have a poll.  That's down to the choice of the co-hosts. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

While we're on GB Gallery polls, I was wondering if anyone has done a five vote poll rather than a single vote? Just looking at the two GBs I've been in that just finished, one vote seems quite inadequate to reflect the quality and quantity of builds.

Much like the bunfight, multiple votes would provide a broader spectrum of opinion. Again, as it's up to the GB hosts, just tossing it out there for consideration.

12 minutes ago, drdjp11 said:

While we're on GB Gallery polls, I was wondering if anyone has done a five vote poll rather than a single vote? Just looking at the two GBs I've been in that just finished, one vote seems quite inadequate to reflect the quality and quantity of builds.

Much like the bunfight, multiple votes would provide a broader spectrum of opinion. Again, as it's up to the GB hosts, just tossing it out there for consideration.

Im pretty sure I’ve seen polls in the past where you can vote up to three times. Though @Enzo Matrix would be able to confirm this ? 

It is quite possible to have multiple votes in a poll.  We do it for the bunfight.  However, we can't restrict the number of votes each person has, so it is all done on trust.

Multiple votes allowed in a poll is at the discretion of the GB hosts.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It is quite possible to have multiple votes in a poll.  We do it for the bunfight.  However, we can't restrict the number of votes each person has, so it is all done on trust.

Multiple votes allowed in a poll is at the discretion of the GB hosts.

Dependant on number of entries, I could try running the gallery poll like this in the Big and British GB, perhaps 3 per person though.

11 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Dependant on number of entries, I could try running the gallery poll like this in the Big and British GB, perhaps 3 per person though.

Do three separate polls one for each type of V bomber. Then have the voters choose one from each category ? You can do up to three polls for a total of 72 lines if memory is correct, so 24 in each one. 

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Do three separate polls one for each type of V bomber. Then have the voters choose one from each category ? You can do up to three polls for a total of 72 lines if memory is correct, so 24 in each one. 

It's more than just V Bombers, despite having originated in the failed 2021 V Force II GB proposal and my plans to enter at least one of each V Bomber

Maybe the categories could be something like: 

Non-aircraft

Bombers and their derivatives

Other aircraft

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Now that is a very good idea!  :thumbsup:   The gallery closes at the end of the GB for poll reasons, but there is no reason it cannot reopen after the end of the poll. 

Or you could open a second "Latecomers' gallery" when you freeze the main one. That way there's kudos for those who finish on time, but the slower builders aren't excluded.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.