41 sqn Phantom XV414 1976 question

Blacktjet

Just decalling the above model using Xtradecal 48-201 ( sqn fighter bars far too large!). I found a picture of the actual aircraft, complete with owl zap, the aircraft has the additional German rescue stencils found on RAFG Phantoms. I don't want to use the owl zap, does anyone know if the extra stencils were applied just for the squadron exchange?

Also, a link to a picture would be helpful of 414 with the large 'N' on the fin but no zap.

Thanks

According to Peter Foster's RAF Phantom, XV414 was issued to 54 as B and moved to 111/B in 7/74. Transferred to 41/N in 11/75 and returned to 111/F by 9/77.

That means she was not with an RAFG unit ; whether or not stencils were added just for exchanges I don't know.

The Owl zap suggests the deployment was with AKG-51.

No extra stencils were added to Lightnings for ether exchanges or exercises. I'm guessing it was the same on Tooms too. The idea of the stencils are to show groundcrews where to put what and any important info like pressures when the jet performs a Landaway's and diversion. RAFG Aircraft had dual language on warning and rescue stenciling.