F-94C Starfire Fighter 1/48 Kitty Hawk

Ettore

Good Morning to All

Here my subjet: an F-94 C Starfire in 1/48 scale of Kitty Hawk;

I not know when I'll start, i've another kit almost at end, but I show now box art and all pieces, the kit is too time in my list

now is the moment to built it !!

spacer.png

The choice of the version, two proposals in the package, will be made at the end ............ also because it is the first time that I build an all  metal seriously.

at next  

Ettore :bye:    

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Goodmornig to All

Finally I started the built of this kit,  I did very little, but the important thing was to start. I dedicated myself to the cockpit which, especially in the seats, which have their shortcomings, I added those small details that elevate the final result a little; control panel and operator radar viewer complete the main tank, I just have to add the control stick and continue with the side consoles

spacer.png

At the same time I worked in the exhaust area that I colored with metallic AK colors, I still have to do a little tweaking and then assemble everything, too bad that at the end of the operations we will not see anything!

spacer.png

And that's it for today! I will continue during the weekend

A nice day to All.........................modeling day 😉

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Goodmorning to All

Finally I took a few steps forward: I completed the cockpit, I thought it best to glue it inside the fuselage, same fate had the exhaust

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I joined the two halves of the fuselage with adhesive tape, just to see the effect; not bad to say, but there will be a lot of work with the grouting

spacer.png

and also, I worked on the face with some small photoengraving and with the positioning of the weights with vinyl glue

spacer.png

spacer.png

More weight will be placed on the front landing gear housing; I already anticipate that this will be well detailed because the one supplied in the package is really ridiculous, but we will talk about it before Christmas ...........
see you soon !!!!

• Like 6

:bye: Goodmorning everyone
The problems of this kit are basically two:
a) The negative panel lines are too shallow and disappear under the sandpaper
b) The wheel wells and air brakes are not very detailed and need to be worked on, but this is our job

So I detailed the nose gear shaft, which is the one that anticipates the closing of the semi-fuselages; for added security I added some additional weight; the trolley leg and the right forks for retractable, will be added at the end .... the piece provided in the kit is wrong !

spacer.png

spacer.png

Once everything was closed, I had to do some important grouting which unfortunately eliminated the paneling,  the problem that I mentioned in point "a"

spacer.png

spacer.png

I glued the lid of the dashboard and where the collimator will be positioned, this area it will be better detailed this afternoon.

spacer.png

Here is the link of his gallery on an Italian modeling site: Modellismo più of which I belong :

http://www.modellismopiu.net/m+gallerie/main.php?g2_itemId=1398271

Modellismo Più web site: https://www.modellismopiu.it/

I recommend you to use Fire fox, we also have an interface in English language

At next

Ettore 🎅

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Godmorning to All and have a nice Sunday !!

I admit to having worked little in these days of celebration, however a little something I did: I have detailed the main landing gear compartment

and the two side airbrakes, of these I will glue and color the pieces at the end.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The same thing will do for the belly air brakes. Unfortunately the two wing tanks are wrong in shape, in the area of union with the wing, the only thing I could do was add two strips of plasticard.....

His gallery on another web site:  http://www.modellismopiu.net/m+gallerie/main.php?g2_itemId=1398271

At next

Ettore  :bye:

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 4