Broplan 1/72 ATR 72

Progress made still and knowing I hadn't found all the issues, cracks misfits etc. on the model, I gave it a quick shot of Tamiya XF-19 to reveal any and all problems I couldn't see.

To be honest there weren't as many as I was expecting but still more than I was hoping for.

25LZszK.jpg

OUWhEkY.jpg

9HDe0nl.jpg

back to the putty and sand paper for now.

Thanks for looking

• Like 7

finally getting around to adding some details to the main gear, brake lines and the white disc is for a retraction arm (yet to be made) As well, I've cut off the tail cone and re-worked it a bit to use to plunge form a clear tail light cover which will replace the white plastic one.

Here's the main gear being worked on again;

9cquwBK.jpg

the tail cone should be clear;

TuKubgj.jpg

Tg1wgKo.jpg

Xcw4BaS.jpg

work continues

Remember, I strive for mediocrity

Thanks for looking

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Moa said:

The modelers' mantra: Prime, Fill, Sand; Prime, Fill, Sand; ommmmmm!!!!

Closer now, well done.

You forgot the whack on the head with a copy of Jane's All the World's Aircraft.

• Haha 2

Thanks for encouraging me along mates!

I've added a bit of detail to the nose gear (while primer dries)

here's the nose gear;

0FjdKDc.jpg

clear part cobbled up and installed on the tail stinger;

5EX3ST5.jpg

white primer/microfiller on the model and found a couple more problems (nothing more filler and sanding cannot remedy)

NER0XKk.jpg

PMqjza6.jpg

thanks for looking

• Like 7

The fun continues...actually it's not a task (I may make it seem like a hard job but, I'm spoiled) The 2nd coats of Tamiya lacquer gloss white have gone down nicely and the model is parked a while to allow curing before masking for more colors. It should look better with some color on it...

mBPAKNI.jpg?1

rB90Led.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 7

Wow!  I would be reluctant to position any model in the way you have.  Good luck and fingers crossed! LOL.  Tamiya white looks great, by the way, as it usually does.  I presume you airbrushed it on, rather than rattle-can applied?

16 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wow!  I would be reluctant to position any model in the way you have.  Good luck and fingers crossed! LOL.  Tamiya white looks great, by the way, as it usually does.  I presume you airbrushed it on, rather than rattle-can applied?

Thanks!

yes airbrushed and, dry to the touch in minutes (that’s why I feel safe leaving it this way) but...DO NOT mask it for at least 24 hours! Experience says it will take on marks from the tape that will need to be sanded out...ask me how I learned that tough lesson.

the flat paint can be masked minutes after spraying with no problem but the gloss is a different issue

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

I spent a bit of time (waiting for paint to dry) working on wheels and props. amongst other things.

8dqtwgR.jpg

NBDhyU7.jpg

3Uslxy6.jpg

33Mh8oj.jpg

As I was working on the props I was less and less impressed by them but, I did them up to completion. I may yet saw the blades off (a couple are warping and show seams) and re-do with sheet plastic.

Thanks for looking

• Like 4

17 hours ago, chrispisme said:

undercarriage fitted (wheels not glued on yet due to still needing flat spots) should be able to set it up on it's pegs tomorrow...

Looking great! However, I have found it's much easier to achieve a correct "sit" if the wheels are glued to the landing gear ("undercarriage") and allowed to fully harden, then place the model on a sheet of sandpaper and gently move it back and forth to flatten the tires ("tyres").

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Looking great! However, I have found it's much easier to achieve a correct "sit" if the wheels are glued to the landing gear ("undercarriage") and allowed to fully harden, then place the model on a sheet of sandpaper and gently move it back and forth to flatten the tires ("tyres").

That may work when you have a rock-solid LG attachment, otherwise it may be as disastrous as advice given by your friend "Star Lord" of the Guardians of the Galaxy!

(By the way, can you pull some strings and get me a date, I mean an autograph, from Gamora?)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moa said:

(By the way, can you pull some strings and get me a date, I mean an autograph, from Gamora?)

Sorry, but her homeworld Godthab Omega is outside the jurisdiction of the Corps of Space Rangers. You'll have to speak with Silver Surfer; I understand he knows her quite well.

• Haha 1