1/48 Su‐35s

Hewy

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some time on this to do a few bits, missiles painted ,decaled and glossed, a time consuming and a laborious task  only a light wash to do, pilot is finished and in (figure painting is not a strong point) and I've done a little more on the engine area,theres still more i want to try but i had to seal the area wiith gloss as some paint came off through handling, I'll  touch up those areas in the next stage

I may fit the khibini pods yet I'm  undecided (also i may change the scheme to the standard camo)

Cheers all

JjLoj3R.jpg

UBCdTSJ.jpg

Might be ok under a heavily tinted canopy

UmkQgnN.jpg

Still a bit to do including the access panels need various shades of silver 

0WCXHSa.jpg

1Sk2Y8i.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Col. said:

That's all looking rather tasty :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That looks great Glynn, really like the various metallic tones you have on the engine area.

Hope you had a good Christmas mate and weren't caught up in Mike's covid catching net.

Thanks fellas, col i find painting and decaling missiles akin to individual track links on a armour kit , but i persevered with the backing of a nice bottle of  single malt jura , it helped immensely, just a dash of a wash to do,

Cheers craig ,we had a steady one here ,had my old aunt round and the outlaws ,  hope yours  went as good as can be expected ,Luckily  i slipped mikes net, i got my xmas presents,  to me,  from ,,,, me ,

in there in the week before  , 

Been on it today ( no not the jura) got the top side engine area about done , changed a lot from the photo ,and also I've  found that i have no tamiya smoke left for canopy tinting , 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Luckily  i slipped mikes net

Unfortunately I didn't!

A very quiet Christmas has been the result, I'm allowed out for the first time tomorrow. Have an urge to go to as many shops as possible before we go into what will basically be another lockdown from Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing your next update.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Unfortunately I didn't!

A very quiet Christmas has been the result, I'm allowed out for the first time tomorrow. Have an urge to go to as many shops as possible before we go into what will basically be another lockdown from Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing your next update.

oh bad luck pal,hope it didn't  spoil what little christmas we had  too much, and you haven't been too poorly,it went through the site I'm  working on early december,  quite a few had it,  but strangley, even some who had been in very close,constant maskless contact, with the  positve guys  didnt get it(me included ), even the driver of the car that brings them,bit of a lottery i reckon, i also know of a chap whose wife has tested positive, and the husband and 2 sons negative, all living under the same roof ,still, i don't  reckon they'll  lock us down like last march,april time, too devastating to the economy,  it'll  have to get really bad for that to happen,

All the best mate

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hewy said:

oh bad luck pal,hope it didn't  spoil what little christmas we had  too much, and you haven't been too poorly,it went through the site I'm  working on early december,  quite a few had it,  but strangley, even some who had been in very close,constant maskless contact, with the  positve guys  didnt get it(me included ), even the driver of the car that brings them,bit of a lottery i reckon, i also know of a chap whose wife has tested positive, and the husband and 2 sons negative, all living under the same roof ,still, i don't  reckon they'll  lock us down like last march,april time, too devastating to the economy,  it'll  have to get really bad for that to happen,

All the best mate

No sign of the big nasty fortunately but it did wipe out Christmas as we couldn't see anybody, still its better to be safe than sorry and there's an awful lot of people who have had it a lot worse.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally found time to get stuck into the su-35, as i mentioned before I've  decided on a change of scheme to the su-35 standard camo, the begemot decal sheet arrived from russia,   (just before the current brexit blockade which has curtailed a big order of accessories also  from russia for future projects ) also the 12mm acrillic rod for poking up its tail pipes still hasn't  arrived

Still some details to add but i wanted to seal the paint up before too much masking,

So far

oXrklqd.jpg

i33MUOw.jpg

CkCTVM9.jpg

Cheers all

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, John Masters said:

That's looking mighty pretty.  Superb use of the airbrush.  Love the motors!

Thanks john 👍, I'm  on a masking marathon atm, canopy and  the leading edges and radio covers ready for a covering in  grey