1/48 Su‐35s

Hewy

Looking at some of the really nice model kits that are going to be built in this gb I've had 

a rustle through the stash, and being aware this gb runs till march i thought I'd have a go at the su-35s from GWH , the kit looks really nice ,there's some awsome camo schemes around for these ,so I'm  swotting up for aftermarket decals, and I'll  need a  resin pilot figure. if anyone's got a link for a suitable pilot please post it, this is going to be on a stand wheels up  in a suitable pose, i dont have a jot of am for it ,does it need any?

I'll  post up some pictures when i make a start tomorrow 

Cheers all

Glynn

EQg1KhC.jpg

• Like 9

You're taking us right up to date with this one Glynn, both as a kit and subject, wonder if Quickboost do a suitable pilot figure and seat combination to fit in :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Col. said:

You're taking us right up to date with this one Glynn, both as a kit and subject, wonder if Quickboost do a suitable pilot figure and seat combination to fit in :hmmm:

Cheers col, I'll  have a look ,to be honest i dont know if maybe  a su-27 pilot figure would be suitable 👍

34 minutes ago, exdraken said:

did not count on a Su-35 here!

very welcome!

Thanks werner, i hope I'm not pushing the gb's rules 🤞, I'll load it with missiles

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hewy said:

Cheers col, I'll  have a look ,to be honest i dont know if maybe  a su-27 pilot figure would be suitable 👍

I can't see why not :) Not aware of any major changes to the pilot's equipment recently but hopefully someone with more knowledge of the subject will guide us.

9 hours ago, Hewy said:

Thanks werner, i hope I'm not pushing the gb's rules 🤞, I'll load it with missiles

So long as they're air-to-air missiles you're good ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2020 at 8:58 PM, Hewy said:

I'll  need a  resin pilot figure. if anyone's got a link for a suitable pilot please post it, this is going to be on a stand wheels up  in a suitable pose, i dont have a jot of am for it ,does it need any?

EQg1KhC.jpg

GIynn, You are unlikely to find a Russian Federation Aerospace Forces pilot cheaper than on site its manufacturer:

https://tempmodels.ru/catalog/models/1_48/Scale figures_/

As examples, set #3 Syria pilot:

https://tempmodels.ru/catalog/models/1_48/Scale figures_/piloty_vks_rf_siriya_nabor_3_48/

a280f35ab7a5503984a43b1b39619a44.jpg

43d96721ac5fc7c64f1ba3a5b132d2a7.jpg

4aee05a0c711f40b2cf980ad7245ac72.jpg

1f679e87a5a2ef4c2710c029a899b31a.jpg

7760c7a37c97eee01957fe09d77dd388.jpg

35aeb6c2042bc6b2dbb15ff5a7f49f6d.jpg

108f7226eeef8cd0faf6f1abdf5a74b0.jpg

65c665dee232a93a9ccec3b03ce39bb9.jpg

a1d4ef49679dd8e1c6fc19f2c219d7f5.jpg

Free download for assembling:

https://tempmodels.ru/upload/iblock/925/9255466bc9bc6cc2874d23c348789255.pdf

B.R. 

Serge 

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Serge, thankyou, but i need a seated pilot i really want to mount the completed model in a high AOA  pose i have found the  aero bonus 480211 su27 pilot it looks like the seat i need do you think it's the one i need? If it is I'll  buy it!

c0034x7.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Serge, thankyou, but i need a seated pilot i really want to mount the completed model in a high AOA 

GIynn, so there is:

https://tempmodels.ru/catalog/quick_view.php?ELEMENT_ID=478&SECTION_ID=39

8874c9e0c87b5d0a8cae14b6455e7f44.jpg

though I don't know at all whether this pilot will fit into the Su-35 GWH ejection seat, but it is also not known whether the pilot  an ejection seat from this set :

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

aero bonus 480211 su27 pilot it looks like the seat i need do you think it's the one i need? If it is I'll  buy it!

c0034x7.jpg

will fit the GWH Su-35 cockpit.

1/48 not my scale! 

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

I was initially planning to do the Hasegawa 1/72 version but I want to get better with painting before I build mine, so I can give those exhaust nozzles the attention they deserve. Excellent choice! I'll be watching this with interest.

There's a set of videos on YouTube of the guy from someone building this kit and he does some outstanding work, only to be let down by the decals in the end. Said the carrier film was thick and they stuck out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Ray B.
Ooof. Someone must've made you mad to get their name censored.
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ray B. said:

I was initially planning to do the Hasegawa 1/72 version but I want to get better with painting before I build mine, so I can give those exhaust nozzles the attention they deserve. Excellent choice! I'll be watching this with interest.

There's a set of videos on YouTube of the guy from someone building this kit and he does some outstanding work, only to be let down by the decals in the end. Said the carrier film was thick and they stuck out like a sore thumb.

Cheers ray, it was a close decision between this one in 48th scale or a trumpeter su-33 in 1/72 ,i need a few more bits and bobs for the 33 though

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

This should be an interesting build Glynn, a very new kit of an awesome aircraft.

As you say, these have some interesting colour schemes too.

Another one to watch!

Cheers craig i like the arctic camoe one, bort 902, off  the begemot sheet 48039, unfortunately i missed the first issue of the sheet ,a reprint isn't  available yet ,and as yet haven't found any for sale,🤬🤞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Glynn, This is a rather menacing looking beast. I'm strapped in for the build!! :popcorn:

Hello nigel, it'd be good to have you look in ,thanks,

I've made a start, and got most of the cockpit painted and decaled,I've  ordered the areobonus (aires) pilot  480211 in a seat pictured above ,I'll  paint him up when he lands, and hopefully he'll  slot straight in🤞, I've  had a look at a fair few builds , both on this site and youtube , I'm  going to build and paint in sections, test fitting of course as i go , and build the prepainted parts at the end , I'll  start assembling the intakes next, 

This is the scheme aircraft I'd  like to do the model in although it hinges on whether i can get hold of the bort numbers 902

KKtUO9q.jpg

The office awaits

7ysKa54.jpg

Cheers all

Glynn

• Like 10

Nice start, cockpit is looking very nice. Pretty sure the resin seat is correct too.

The high AOA display sounds interesting too, great idea. Will you be using acrylic rod in the exhausts for mounting it? I did that with a Lightning a bit back in vertical flight and it looked pretty nice, will be interesting to see what you do with this great big lump

5 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Nice start, cockpit is looking very nice. Pretty sure the resin seat is correct too.

The high AOA display sounds interesting too, great idea. Will you be using acrylic rod in the exhausts for mounting it? I did that with a Lightning a bit back in vertical flight and it looked pretty nice, will be interesting to see what you do with this great big lump

Cheers mate, yes i reckon acrylic rod will be used up the intakes, you're  right too ,it is a big old unit

Nice work in the 'pit and great choice on the colour-scheme - that has to be my favourite Flanker scheme so good luck getting the correct bort numbers :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Col. said:

Nice work in the 'pit and great choice on the colour-scheme - that has to be my favourite Flanker scheme so good luck getting the correct bort numbers :thumbsup:

Cheers col, I think I've  snagged  the  sheet ,  located one from the motherland a little over £27 though, hopfully early december delivery🤞

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Cheers col, I think I've  snagged  the  sheet ,  located one from the motherland a little over £27 though, hopfully early december delivery🤞

You now need more Flanker kits to justify the price ;) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Glynn. Hope you are keeping well. Looks like you have made a good start on the cockpit. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

2 hours ago, Ray B. said:

That cockpit looks terrific. Nice start!

Thanks guys, i appreciate it, stix I'm  well thanks, i hope  you and yours are fine too. I've  had a good go at this today , all the stories about it being a cracking kit and fit are very true, I've  built up the intakes and painted the insides,its a similar color to the plastic so not obvious, when i test fitted the intakes i noticed i could get a totally close fit easier without clamping  if i fitted them to the lower fuselage half before sealing it up, so thats what i did, i fitted the gear bays even though they are going to be closed, then test fit the upper fuselage half to check, all good,

Apologies for the lighting,

Intakes built up

qWOsd9u.jpg

Open Louvres,  nice clean join

7mgGkTt.jpg

R1DUxla.jpg

Same story on the othe side

zQDLFWt.jpg

HF6zzhv.jpg

Painted the coaming, also the pilot has landed today, so i may be able to zip it up at the weekend

Cheers all

Glynn

LhlUmaj.jpg

• Like 8