Lohner Type C drawings?

Torbjorn

Copper State Models (CSM) produced a 1/48 resin model of the Lohner B.II.  The instruction that came with the kit include a beautiful set of drawings and you might be able to find the kit, for less than the 80 Euros the book would cost.  You also might contact CSM and see if they might have a PDF of these drawings that they could part with.  The owners of CSM are serious WWI aviation fans so you would not be talking to a corporate office bean counter but someone that cares about this stuff.  Not saying they would part with them for free but it would be worth seeing what they could do to help.  This kit has been out of production for a while but their resin kits were really amazing.   You also might be able to find a posting from someone that finished the kit and see if they saved these drawings (no one in their right mind toss them out) and would part with them also.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/copper-state-models-1015-lohner-bii--1206803

On 16/11/2020 at 22:18, Torbjorn said:

Thanks berman. I’ll be on the lookout, seems like a nice book, although the current going price of 80€ is a bit too steep so I’ll have to wait for a thumbed copy.

I got that nice book in my libary ... I paid even more than € 115 for it back in 1999.  You can find scale drawings for the early version of the Lohner B I Series 11, the Lohner B II Series 12, the Lohner B VI Series 16.1 and the Lohner B VIII Series 17 and 17.3 in it.

Another title which is relevant with regard to the Pfeilflieger is the long out of print "Flugzeuge der österreichischen Firma Lohner 1909-1923" by Reinhard Keimel. As far as I can remember there are numerous scale drawings of Lohner aircraft in it.

Just send me a PM. Maybe I can help.

Edited by 112 Squadron

Many thanks guys, that’s a nice selection of options to pursue. 

BTW, a correction, the cheapest option that was delivering here was not 80€ but 800€ (from amazon.de, books from amazon.com seldom can be delivered here. Here’s another:https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Peter-Grosz/dp/1891268058 ). It does look like a nice tome but that is a bit over my budget :o

The Lohner book is reasonably priced though.

3 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Many thanks guys, that’s a nice selection of options to pursue. 

BTW, a correction, the cheapest option that was delivering here was not 80€ but 800€ (from amazon.de, books from amazon.com seldom can be delivered here. Here’s another:https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Peter-Grosz/dp/1891268058 ). It does look like a nice tome but that is a bit over my budget :o

The Lohner book is reasonably priced though.

That is really an outlandish price!!! 😮 On the other hand it doesn´t suprise me since I made the very same experience when I was searching for specific items. Sometimes really crazy prices show up after a search right next to the same item with a normal price. But it is even worse if the book your are searching for is only showing up with a hefty price like that.

Edited by 112 Squadron

Hi!

I think I have Keimel's drawings of various Lohners, the "C" was one of the most popular so I'm sure it was included in that book. Do you still need them? Also I should have some photos of this beautiful fragile airplane. Be aware that there were several variants of the cockpit cutout.

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, GrzeM said:

Hi!

I think I have Keimel's drawings of various Lohners, the "C" was one of the most popular so I'm sure it was included in that book. Do you still need them? Also I should have some photos of this beautiful fragile airplane. Be aware that there were several variants of the cockpit cutout.

Sorry, I missed this post! PM incoming.

Came back to share the following: I’m monitoring this book, I think this is a new record:

GgYtxwn.jpg

At least the postage is cheap.

Edited by Torbjorn

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 17:04, Torbjorn said:

Sorry, I missed this post! PM incoming.

Came back to share the following: I’m monitoring this book, I think this is a new record:

GgYtxwn.jpg

At least the postage is cheap.

It was a crazy prize before and now it got even more weird. Have you ever searched for the 1993 edition where you find all the Pfeilfieger drawings that I mentioned in the post above?  There is virtually no significant difference apart from the cover and some minor corrections between these two editions. As far as I know only some color plates of the first edition where not included since it turned out that they were inaccurate. 

I saw the first edition at a more reasonable but still quite expensive price on amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/Austro-Hungarian-Army-Aircraft-World-War/dp/0963711008

However, it remains to be seen whether they deliver to your place. 

It is a lovely book but it did show up some odd behaviour by vendors.

My wife ordered a copy online that i found online at a very reasonable price as my birthday present.  It didn't arrive and there was a bit of a back and forth about it having been sent and not delivered.  After a few weeks of faff the vendor said it had been returned in unsaleable condition and he returned the money.  No loss to me as I got a different present but a while later he was selling the same book at a much higher price, presumably having discovered ho much everyone else offered it for.

A couple of months later I found another copy for a reasonable price.  The vendor was advertising the black cover on their ad but when it turned up it was the first edition!  Huzzah!

By the way there are copies of the book on UK Amazon and eBay from £140 upwards.  Whether that's good value is down to the buyer, personally I would get more satisfaction from owning that book than the same money on a Wingnut kit.