Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Model 21 Zero-Sen (Zeke)

This model is built from the 1/72 Airfix kit and represents an A6M2b Model 21 Zero-Sen, of the 201st Kokutai, flown from Tobera airfield, New Britain, in 1944. The Airfix colour scheme calls for a grey underside, but an air-to-air photograph on Nick Millman's Aviation of Japan blog indicates quite strongly that this particular aircraft was an over-painted trainer retaining its original orange-yellow underside, with white outlined Hinomarus and numbers under the wings, so that's how I chose to finish it. The decals are from the kit and paints are Tamiya, Gunze and Revell acrylics, and Humbrol enamels for details. I built this a number of years ago, shortly after the kit was released, and I did a WIP here but I never photographed the finished article.

y4miqGBVR1zxIe91m9bZreWVqwdaa_Gdk6UzG2pf

y4mXmEcg8Fw-4cwFG2dvgvtVuPSEBr729Ucz5Kay

y4meWdQfh-hwgmlf10ccmh-Mig0MLLpL-fE7Y2lz

y4mXVsizWBx8OT_u8A0eZ7shg9eM1GaqIC8xUpUK

y4mEp4qTiEP_bZgPnlNW_KEBjAG90O1bLNuJEYC6

y4m4C7e61hsYyXvl5qag8tVIRz6m3zBozAnCuknk

Cheers, Jeff

• Like 26

Rarely seen training version of this beautiful plane.

You done great job.  My taste will be little more used look as A6M2 in late days of war probably was not in so good shape, but as i said, my thought, not influencing my opinion that your models looks beautiful.

Best regards Djordje

• Thanks 1

I only recently found out about the yellow orange underside and I have this kit in the stash so I plan on doing it correctly now.  This is the first example I've seen of it done right and you did a beautiful job!

• Thanks 1