Hasegawa 1/72 Kawanishi N1K2-J Model 21 Shiden (George)

This model is built from the 1/72 Hasegawa kit and represents the N1K2-J Model 21 Shiden, flown by CPO Hideo Nakao, 343rd Kokutai, 407th Hikotai, from Matsuyama airbase, Japan, in March 1945. I also used a few bits and pieces from an old Eduard etched brass cockpit set, but little can be seen of it except in very good light. I used Master Type 99 20mm gun barrels and Print Scale decals to finish it. Paints are Tamiya, Gunze and Vallejo acrylics, and Humbrol enamels for details.

y4mDfcCsvlqku35rBx7VLdLIhN2kNxzhAn3DNBV7

y4mPoed7fzwSnQPLlDjWTPRR9TFklqLPYDFfn6PT

y4mUXJ6bnMuXx5fvoJ8tkpVwu9Lqur7Dg-nO8VNq

y4mbEkaNjq2jNXcUfvprzPnkANUG4Rq7knAuLXkw

y4mmXM_lia2xHtKHOWlmbmbRG-_1uoLeAkMHTTI1

y4m89MyGWytZ868ogtA4B1165Yr-6tfnoAyldaU8

Cheers, Jeff

• Like 28

Well done! I have had this kit for a great many years. Every so often I take it out snap the wings on to the fuselage and take a couple of test zooms around my desk

before putting it back in the box.  I can't figure out why I don't just go ahead and build it.

Todder

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Todders said:

Well done! I have had this kit for a great many years. Every so often I take it out snap the wings on to the fuselage and take a couple of test zooms around my desk

before putting it back in the box.  I can't figure out why I don't just go ahead and build it.

Todder

Funny you should mention that, Todders. It was sitting in my stash for the best part of 30 years until UK lockdown convinced me to build it. It's a decent kit, well worth building.

Cheers, Jeff

• 2 weeks later...