A Tail of Two Komets

Mottlemaster

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 00:59, Greg Law said:

Alistair 

Do you think the skid struts should be painted RLM02?

Hi Greg . i,m going with 02  .Cant see this as bare metal as landing on grass would possibly throw up loads of crud intp the skid recess etc . Im going to heavy weather mine with chips and mud .

Construction of both komets has progressed at a good pace

Both nearing painting stage .

Not sure if i should leave out the gun sight from Erics aircraft  . Any one any ideas please .

50817317777_c5c86e968a_c.jpgP1030584 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

Constructed some detail to the hasegawa kit as the skid bay is devoid of any detail and even a floor .

50817317837_138b9574f4_z.jpgP1030583 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Good to see you got these done. They look very good. I dealt we will be matching with my next project.  Italeri 1/35 S-boot. This will be an RC boat all going well.the hull is going together tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2021 at 12:46, Col. said:

Good progress again Alistair :thumbsup:

Not sure if there would have been time to remove the gunsight from the aircraft Eric flew :unsure:

Thanks Col

In the end i left the gun sight out as theguns had been removed and rocket moter /fuel tank too .

Cheers

Alistair

On 13/03/2021 at 05:56, Greg Law said:

Good to see you got these done. They look very good. I dealt we will be matching with my next project.  Italeri 1/35 S-boot. This will be an RC boat all going well.the hull is going together tomorrow. 

Thanks Greg  . congrats on your komet and well done for getting those forgoten masks out