My new workshop, 1:1 scale

3 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

ok here comes the help to unpack your stuff, i hope you have enough beer at home

fighter_planes_over_mgkk5u.jpg

They had better put it in afterburner! This morning I unpacked, sorted, and shelved all my aircraft kits.

50606544381_3365012631_b.jpg

All I have left are my cars, tanks, ships & space/sci models. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, billn53 said:

They had better put it in afterburner! This morning I unpacked, sorted, and shelved all my aircraft kits.

50606544381_3365012631_b.jpg

All I have left are my cars, tanks, ships & space/sci models. 

😲 that is more than some hobby shops have in stock! Wow!

• Like 1

Wow!  That would have to be one of the most impressive work bench, unbuilt storage and man caves I've ever seen!

Must show your pics to my missus (especially the stash shelves) as proof to her that the obsession isn't only mine.  😜 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really nice set up and for sure the envy of many of us... That entrance door, that is one helluva of a door. The only thing if I may add, is the look through... You won't be able to hide from the CEO if she is looking for you... Perhaps you left some space behind the stash?...;)

Is the bar set up part of the house?. 

Hope you have many, many, but many enjoyable hours in the new home. Congratulations.

Yes, the bar in the finished lower level is a big reason why I bought this house :drink:

Now having Blue Chimay, Quadruple Trappe, Tripel Karmeliet Aaaaand of course Delirium Tremens for our dear Alien !! 

CC

• Haha 1

Wow!   Beautiful work room and so neatly organized too!   And that is a most impressive stash as well!   :worthy:

As the world's slowest model builder, my stash never seems to work down; at my glacial pace of completion, by the time I've finished another one, I've bought two for the pile.   I thought retirement might help me get more modeling done but I guess I was wrong.  Hell, twenty years ago, my son, who is now 38, told me I would never live long enough to finish all those kits.   Yeah, that thought really cheered me up...and of course, he was and still is correct.  :(  😀 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

As the world's slowest model builder, my stash never seems to work down; at my glacial pace of completion, by the time I've finished another one, I've bought two for the pile.   I thought retirement might help me get more modeling done but I guess I was wrong.  Hell, twenty years ago, my son, who is now 38, told me I would never live long enough to finish all those kits.   Yeah, that thought really cheered me up...and of course, he was and still is correct.  :(  😀 

That describes me exactly :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Wow!   Beautiful work room and so neatly organized too!   And that is a most impressive stash as well!   :worthy:

That describes me exactly :lol:

I think that I have a pass for that club... :cheers:

My son in law said that I must live until my 148th Birthday to clean up my stash....:rofl2:

But still I bought models... Soooo....:violin:

Given the slight chance to live that long....

Sincerely !!

CC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

I think that I have a pass for that club... :cheers:

My son in law said that I must live until my 148th Birthday to clean up my stash....:rofl2:

But still I bought models... Soooo....:violin:

Given the slight chance to live that long....

Sincerely !!

CC

I am reminded of the “Winchester Mystery House” in California, whose widowed owner (if the story is true) believed she would not die as long as construction was underway in her house....

Link here:

https://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/#

👷‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, opus999 said:

That's fantastic! Like everyone else I'm envious, but I hope you have a lot of fun in your new workspace!

Thank you. My first build in the new workroom will be an F-4C Phantom, for a Vietnam group build my local chapter is doing. The kit has raised panel lines, so I’ve been looking at 0.2mm mechanical pencils to try out your technique, executed so perfectly in your recent Shangri-la Mustang build.

Great setup, Bill.  You should get in touch with the Mad City Modelers.  We just moved from Madison in 2019.  My favorite haunt is the Madison Hobby Stop on Mineral Point Road.  If you run into Bill (he works there Tues and Saturdays) tell him Mark says hi.

I hope that I'll run into you at a local show sometime.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wookieefood said:

Great setup, Bill.  You should get in touch with the Mad City Modelers.  We just moved from Madison in 2019.  My favorite haunt is the Madison Hobby Stop on Mineral Point Road.  If you run into Bill (he works there Tues and Saturdays) tell him Mark says hi.

I hope that I'll run into you at a local show sometime.

Hi Mark. I’ve already connected with the Mad City Modelers (been to the last two meetings). Thanks for the tip on Madison Hobby Shop, I’ll be sure to check it out. 

11 hours ago, billn53 said:

my son, who is now 38, told me I would never live long enough to finish all those kits.

I inform everyone that all my kits were acquired to be built and, therefore, I am assured of living to be 140 years of age!  😜

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, billn53 said:

Thank you. My first build in the new workroom will be an F-4C Phantom, for a Vietnam group build my local chapter is doing. The kit has raised panel lines, so I’ve been looking at 0.2mm mechanical pencils to try out your technique, executed so perfectly in your recent Shangri-la Mustang build.

0,2 mechanical pencil ?? Wait, I missed something here...

I'll be looking for it ! There are lots of old Monogram kits on my stash !!

6 hours ago, kapam said:

I inform everyone that all my kits were acquired to be built and, therefore, I am assured of living to be 140 years of age!  😜

Wait again, I surely missed something else...

How are you going to do that...

Otherwise than eating grass and algae and drinking only pure water from a mountain fontain ???:cheers:

Amazed CC

• Haha 1