Airfix Wellington Ic

With a bit of effort I've pushed this one through the finishing gate.  Need to make a simple base so I can add the figures properly.  Went to the trouble of paining them, so may as well.

This the Airfix kit with the CMK Wellington figures and Techmod decals.  I replaced the gun barrels with some metal Master versions (rather nice).  The bomb bay was filled with some extra 500lbers from the Whitley kit and some resin SBC from Belcher Bits.  The decals were lovely and thin, but oh so brittle. Spent ages carefully putting them back together and patching up the gaps with (almost) matching paint.

On to the pics.

Tim

3HSRhmj.jpg

7v80OWU.jpg

CqPtx5S.jpg

ovbOFKa.jpg

8IQYcIv.jpg

EdzJPIA.jpg

kXzaU2z.jpg

3xhFnPW.jpg

W3UCYHd.jpg

BhVMLFK.jpg

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job. Makes me want to dig mine out of the stash.

Shame about the decals. I've had similar. Techmod can be a bit tricky at times. The end result looks great  though.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:25 AM, Broadway said:

Excellent, especially like the black, what paint did you use?

The black is Alcad black primer.  to lazy to paint things twice 🙂  Besides it not quite totally black, so looks a better that really black paint (if you see what I mean).

9 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superb Wellington & the photography is top notch. I need one of those photography back drops.

Which paints did you use?

Martin

The brown is good old Humbrol 29 and the green is from the Colourcoats range. WWII Dark Green I think .

Tim

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...