Hasegawa 1/72 Sea Harrier

Lifeline

I'm joining in with something I found when I was cleaning the storage room the other day...

20201113-183210.jpg

It actually close to be finished when the mid wheel fitings stressed me up.

20201113-183223.jpg

I'll be returning to my work in few days, so I hope I will be able to (finally) finish this...

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 4

Work starts with drilling a hole to place a pin on several parts which broken due to long storage..

20201114-142211.jpg

These was bit challenging for the middle landing gear. The plastic was somehow already gone brittle. But the pin was successfully placed. 

20201114-141942.jpg

Now I really remember why I left this one alone.. fitting the wheels was a nightmare.

Here I realized that I have gone too much in trimming the middle landing gear (anyway... What's the correct terminology for this?)

20201114-141925.jpg

So I decide to add a mass of epoxy putty on the wheels.

20201114-141911.jpg

The good news is the elevator went on just fine..

20201114-141201.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Col. said:

You look to be saving this one in fine style Mario :thumbsup:

I do hope so, @Col. Sir...

But this is those kind of build which one enjoy so much but bite one in the *ss and keep on biting. Even if you let it hibernate for years.

I spent the whole sunday modelling time fiddling with the wheels because it keep breaking due the brittle plastic.

It doesn't looks good... It looks too tilted up on the head.. but at least It's on 4 legs by the end of the day

20201116-203021.jpg

I also open the canopy masking to inspect any damage due to years of masking tape. Glue marks cleaned with soap water, dried, and re-masked to be coated with semi matte.

Missiles? Yup.. Indian Navy use French Matra R.055 Magic, and I remember I have a pair from my crusader build. 

20201116-203109.jpg

Pylon, weapons, and tanks coated with semi matte.. unlike the rest of the kit, these parts have not coated.

20201116-202933.jpg

Today, I slightly weathered the sub assemblies with enamel wash, and glue it to the main body.

Small parts such as pitot and antennas were next. Got almost all of it except small pitot (anemometer?) On the nose which I replace with small wire bent to shape. Not perfect but at least it's there...

20201116-200309.jpg

And this has to be my shortest WIP...

20201116-201304.jpg

Will follow up with gallery shot tommorow morning.

It's far from perfect.. But I'm happy to have it moved from my shelf of doom to the display cabinet 🤷

Cheers,

Mario

Edited by Lifeline
  • Like 6

As a Harrier fan I'm delighted to see this one getting some attention and in Indian Navy colours only goes to make it even better :wub:

Nice work sir :D

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Col. said:

As a Harrier fan I'm delighted to see this one getting some attention and in Indian Navy colours only goes to make it even better :wub:

Nice work sir :D

Thank you @Col. 

I have to apologize to you for my mediocre try on this beautiful bird. 

This won't be my last build, since I still got a bunch of it in my stash. 

I just have to know the wizardry on fitting the wheels correctly 😁😁

Cheers,

Mario

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mario,

jut found your build!

It may have been a short WIP, but it sure was intense!

I like the result very much indeed. To fit 4 sets of wheels on the ground at the same time does not need wizardry. It requires serious witchcraft!!!!

Great show, and congrats to see your Harrier finished.

JR