AVRO Lancaster B.III - Airfix 1/72nd

37 minutes ago, Spitfire 123 said:

Awesome work!!!! Ammo washes turned out great. I'm from Australia too, do you know where I can buy ammo/ any ak products? I live in Queensland if it helps. Cheers, Riley

Thanks mate! good to see a fellow Aussie here! 😉

There are many different places where you can find AMMO and AK products, many of which for some reason are down in Melbourne. My favourite is BNA, but I'd recommend you to do an online search and you'll find what you are looking for.

cheers

• Like 1

Having seen and heard one of these up close as it flew at rooftop height over our house on its way back from the local  airshow,with the noise of those four merlins shaking the house .All i can say is it looks very realistic, nice work.👏

3 hours ago, Tempestwulf said:

Avro awesomeness. Love the finish. AK real colours are great. SMS paints are a good lacquer brand that's Australian made too which are worth a try.

Thank you!. I have heard of SMS but never tried them. Will do one day 😉

2 hours ago, Brigbeale said:

Beautifully turned out Lancaster.

Youve dine exceptionally well despite the problems with the kit.

👏👏👏

Thank you!. yeah sorry about my rant, sounded awful but I really did not enjoy the build. Happy you like it 👍

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Having seen and heard one of these up close as it flew at rooftop height over our house on its way back from the local  airshow,with the noise of those four merlins shaking the house .All i can say is it looks very realistic, nice work.👏

Thanks very much!..I don't think I've ever seen one in person. I've watched many videos and it looks amazing.

1 hour ago, swralph said:

Excellent paintwork.😀

Thanks! I wanted to give a bit a variation in the main two tones...lots of airbrush work and then the washes and oils...

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Lovely work, first class job

Thank you 😀

• Like 1

Jorge.........you have completed a subject worthy of being placed in a museum.  Given all of the issues you outlined, this Lancaster is truly a masterpiece.  Congratulations!!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

35 minutes ago, MarcNewitt said:

Now that is immaculate! a very fine rendition of a gorgeous plane.

Marc

Thank you Marc, I'm happy you liked it and I agree, the Lancaster is a beautiful aircraft. 😉

24 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Jorge.........you have completed a subject worthy of being placed in a museum.  Given all of the issues you outlined, this Lancaster is truly a masterpiece.  Congratulations!!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

Mike, thank you very much for your comment! I really appreciate 😀

10 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Nice Lancaster , dispite your problems , is this the current issue of this kit ? , $ 78.00 sounds expensive although i don t know what that is in pounds.?

Hi Keith, thanks. This particular kit is a 2018 reboxed of the 2012 new tool...so it's really not old, just mediocre. And AU$78 is roughly $43 pounds...

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely stunning result despite your trials with the kit. It's turned out beautifully and a fine tribute to all those brave crews. I think it's great that you can honestly point out some of your experiences with a kit...good or bad...as it gives other people an idea of what to expect. I've got the Revell kit to build at some point so I'm hoping it's a slightly easier build. I'm not too fussed about minor inaccuracies so long as it looks the part when complete. Thanks for sharing yours 👍

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I definitely agree!

Thank you Sat69. 👍

4 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

Very, very nice.

Thanks, Happy you like it. 😀

54 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Lovely looking Lancaster! Especially like the finish and weathering.

That Spitfire looks the biz also!

Terry

Thank you Terry. Yeah the weathering was a tricky call. Most of the historical photos show beat up planes, with some stains and de-coloration. Whereas the couple existing ones today are very pristine and very glossy. And I went more towards the weathered approach. 😉

36 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Absolutely stunning result despite your trials with the kit. It's turned out beautifully and a fine tribute to all those brave crews. I think it's great that you can honestly point out some of your experiences with a kit...good or bad...as it gives other people an idea of what to expect. I've got the Revell kit to build at some point so I'm hoping it's a slightly easier build. I'm not too fussed about minor inaccuracies so long as it looks the part when complete. Thanks for sharing yours 👍

Thank you very much Binbrook87. After posting my comments regarding the kit I was a bit concerned people will take it the wrong way. But I think you are right, I reckon is important to let others know about personal experience with a particular kit. Good or bad.

To me, as important as how accurate, is how well engineered a kit is and how smooth the overall building process is. Let's not forget this is a hobby and we are meant to have a good time!

I also understand sometime we are not going to found a particular subject done by our preferred brands ( Tamiya, Eduard, ArmaHobby, to name a few) but in this case we are not talking about a dodgy or an unknown plane but the mighty LANCASTER! which is why I was so mad...anyways I hope you have a smooth ride with your Revell kit!. thanks again

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmerboy said:

Brilliant result, well done for working through the problems you encountered to present us with such a stunning model, never come across a smelly model before, how strange!🤭

Thank you!...me neither this was my first encounter with a stinky kit!

59 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

Nice Lanc Jorge despite your reservations about the Airfix kit. 

As an aside, RAF Skellingthorpe is a housing estate now. 

Thanks! yeah didn't like the kit at all....sorry. Thanks for the info regarding Skellingthorpe. 😉

49 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

STUNNING  and GORGEOUS  Lancaster .

Thank you very much!

33 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

It does look very nice indeed, great work,  I have the kit in the stash and am looking forward to building it one day soon .  

Chris

Thank you Chris, good luck with your one, hopefully your building experience is better than mine.

20 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

Thank you! 👍

• Like 3