Much appreciated.

16 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Great models and an awesome scene.

Thanks very much indeed.

15 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful diorama with a lot of life!

Kind regards,

Joachim

That is very nice thanks for your comments.

Laurie

13 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Simply beautiful work!  For all the problems you had, it turned out great!

Thanks yes but pleased it is finished. Should have spent a little more time considering how I proceeded.

13 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Lovely build on the Dakota, great looking diorama !

Wulfman

Much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Outstanding work, Laurie. Lovely modelling and presentation.

Thanks for your nice very comments.

7 hours ago, Brigbeale said:

Very well thought out diorama with stunning aircraft.

👏👏👏

Wow thanks very nice comments.

6 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Impressive work Excellent set of models and a great set up 

thanks for sharing

regards

Eamonn

Thanks Aer Lingus they flew in & out of Jersey. believe it was a Dart Herald.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Great scene and excellent aircraft on the apron.

Regards, Orion.

Many thanks much appreciated.

Thanks for all the message very nice of you all & very much appreciated.

Laurie

Very nice indeed.  

Suspect Aer Lingus had Friendships not Heralds, but Heralds will have been common visitors with Jersey, later Channel, and BUIA later Air UK.  Flew to Jersey in a Herald from Blackpool many years back, but didn't see anything else quite so interesting.  Did manage a hop across to Jersey in an Islander.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Very nice indeed.  

Suspect Aer Lingus had Friendships not Heralds, but Heralds will have been common visitors with Jersey, later Channel, and BUIA later Air UK.  Flew to Jersey in a Herald from Blackpool many years back, but didn't see anything else quite so interesting.  Did manage a hop across to Jersey in an Islander.

Yes Graham when I wrote above & had thoughts that it may have been the Fokker. Interesting they looked so similar. Made a difference both aircraft. They put Jersey Airport in virtually the highest point on the island.

Very windy. Both aircraft flew when others with wings at the bottom of the fuselage stayed at home.

Islander. Got one to add to my airport. One of the aircraft in their fleet was named JOEY from its registration. Kids took it on board. Someone wrote a Joey book for young kids.

Laurie

22 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I flew in a Islander from Bristol in its development days, but actually it was a Trislander I flew in from Jersey.  Must have been confused by the Airfix kit.  Before the days of Joey.

Think I have confused things Graham.

Islander was the basis of Aurigny Airways. They changed to the Trislander of which one was JOEY.

The one I am building from Airfix is the Islander. When flying in that as there was only one pilot, not wide enough for two. Had this mad idea I would crawl forward to take over should the pilot have problems.

Phew that is sorted. Going for a rest.

Laurie

8 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great work on the Dak Laurie,  it does look fab . The diorama looks great as well.

Great job fella 

Chris

Thanks Chris much appreciated. Laurie

7 minutes ago, Ruskin Air Services said:

Nice Dakota, building the new Airfix dak at the moment. But will build the next one in the Dan Air scheme 

Thank you very much indeed. Watch the cockpit canopy. If it is the same. Side windows first. It was a real naughty area.

Also getting the black & decals on the nose to sync. Found impossible. Had to extend the black with Tamiya X1 which is semi gloss using a hand brush fully loaded. Did the job but oh hack very stressfull.

Laurie

• Like 2

That’s a great finish on the Dakota Laurie and it looks the part in the airport diorama. Not many builds to go 😂😂.

I’ll look forward to seeing the Islander. They were built in Bembridge on the Isle of Wight and there was a good view of the airfield and factory from my Grandad’s house in St Helens, just up the road.

It’s nice to see your vision for Jersey airport really taking shape.

3 hours ago, SteveMc said:

That’s a great finish on the Dakota Laurie and it looks the part in the airport diorama. Not many builds to go 😂😂.

I’ll look forward to seeing the Islander. They were built in Bembridge on the Isle of Wight and there was a good view of the airfield and factory from my Grandad’s house in St Helens, just up the road.

It’s nice to see your vision for Jersey airport really taking shape.

That is very nice Steve & much appreciated. mm many builds actually 8.

Think  two or 3 are going to be suspended from the shelf above the diorama. Hope you are all well down there.