Japanese cold War QRA - JASDF F-104J Hokkaido (1/72 Hasegawa) - FINALLY FINISHED

bianfuxia

Recently I cleaned up that mess of a fuselage joint and re-sprayed it with Tamiya Gloss Aluminium (TS-17).

Now - not entirely happy with the finish - I've decided to mask it up for some panel shading with another Tamiya spray I like - AS-12.

Just waiting out the rain for a sunny day to go outside and spray. Everything else on this is ready to go so once that's done, it should be a quick finish.

IMG_20210904_174655201-scaled.jpg?resize

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • bianfuxia changed the title to Japanese cold War QRA - JASDF F-104J Hokkaido (1/72 Hasegawa) - FINALLY FINISHED

Annnnndddddd....she's done:

DSC01121.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

DSC01122.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

DSC01124.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

DSC01125.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

DSC01127.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

DSC01131.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

Here it is standing QRA duty on the driveway at home. Ready to launch at a moment's notice against that damn bird that keeps swooping me every time I ride home. It's not a magpie (I was eaten alive by those this season, too). Maybe a red wattlebird. Either way, it's time to SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE my F-104J to go deal with it.

A long build - took me a year to finish this guy. But in the end I am pretty pleased with it - one of my better models, for sure.

Thanks for watching!

• Like 4