Panther Ausf.D

vaoinas

• 1 month later...

Hey, thanks, everyone.

Still a few last things before I could call the lower hull interior done.

On the cooling fan casings there were some plastic "things" where there should have been lifting rings. So I cut these off and repalced 

with some 0.3mm wire rings. From some reference photos I also noticed a thin pipe connecting two radiators, so I reproduced this as well.

spacer.png

Here's the rear wall just before gluing it on. I really have no idea why I took the photo, but here it is.

spacer.png

Radiators and cooling ducts were painted and then had the same treatment as all the rest of the interior

After that these were glued between the engine and fuel tank with no issues to speak of.

So the lower hull interior is finally completed. And since most of the interior will be closed eventually,

I thought it'd be a great idea to take some better photos of it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers!

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Just beautiful work Kristjan, the detail on this is just outstanding, wonderful work...👍

A quick question, when assembling the engine I noticed that you had used a blue substance, was this a kind of pva based glue? interesting to know...

Ed

Edited by edjbartos
added question
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Just beautiful work Kristjan, the detail on this is just outstanding, wonderful work...👍

A quick question, when assembling the engine I noticed that you had used a blue substance, was this a kind of pva based glue? interesting to know...

Ed

Hey, thanks, man.

The blue substance is a liquid mask (Ammo-Mig product, but apart of the color it's basically the same thing, as Maskol).

Engine consisted of many parts that I wanted to paint separately, so to see how it all falls together I used liquid mask as a temporary glue. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

Hey, thanks, man.

The blue substance is a liquid mask (Ammo-Mig product, but apart of the color it's basically the same thing, as Maskol).

Engine consisted of many parts that I wanted to paint separately, so to see how it all falls together I used liquid mask as a temporary glue. 

Interesting, I’ll give that a go, thanks Kristjan

• Like 1

Jaw dropped, what an amazing work, all the things I "thought" of doing to my Panther, you actually did to yours, HA!  Following your build as I am several steps behind and eager to incorporate all the improvement you did into my model!

Marco

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello there, chaps.

It's been a while since my last update on this one. I had it on pause as

the model was in a display at a local University library for a two months since march.

After I got it back it has been a slow progress, but I hope to get my groove back with this one.

Upper part of the hull is now assembled and painted. There wasn't much really as the radio box was the only

intricate detail. The front of the radio has been replaced with Eduard pre-painted PE details and the power cables are made from scratch

Drivers vision block has been replaced with a one from my spares bin, because the kit sadly doesn't come with clear parts.

I considered clear periscopes that I had from spares as well, but finally decided to use the opaque ones the kit provides. The reason for this was considerably better fit. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers!

Kristjan

• Like 17

Thank you all for your kind words.

I can report now the hull is finally closed.
The process was a bit tricky to say the least - the front parts of the sponson floors needed some pressure to fit them in 

the upper hull. But I took my time and glued the thing one segment at the time and got it coming together just fine.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

When it was all together, some weld seems were needed to reproduce here and there.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers!
Kristjan

• Like 16