Panther Ausf.D

vaoinas

Hi!

I'm starting a new build of Takom's fantastic Panther kit. It has a full interior included and very thorough detailwise.

I have an ABER set to it, which has all the goodies including aluminum barrel, brass MG barrels, antennas etc. There's also MasterClub tracks, Eduard Panther interior set, Tamiya brass shells and Aber shackles.

Some of the aftermarket aren't really necessary, but on the other hand, why the hell not.

The details are very crisp and so far the kit goes together really nice. 

Nothing much has done yet. I'm at the point to get the first paint on it to get the lower hull sides and bottom together.

Sorry about the crappy images. We had a rare occasion of sunshine this time of year here and there's a lot of light and shadow on the photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers!

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Photos were gone. Fixed this.
  • Like 17

First round of painting has been done. 

Assembling the sides to the bottom was the trickiest part. The torsion bars had to be glued to the sides and then while adding sides to the bottom, torsions need to be slid trough the floor frames.

One needs a quite amount of patience to get all the torsion bar ends to their respective holes.

This time I used AK RC RAL9001 Cream White for white parts and Humbrol 115 for lower parts of the interior.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Images were gone. Fixed this.
  • Like 19

Thank you, guys.

Well, got bit further with the interior.

I replaced a few bits on the firewall to improve the detail there. 

spacer.png

Couple of pipes were added on the floor as well. These will show prominently when turret will be removed.

spacer.png

The floor is a bit more busy than last time. Shells are yet to be added to the floor rack. 

And obviously there will be a turret gearbox in the middle of this all.

spacer.png

The instrument panel replaced is by Eduard and is pre-printed. The print was a bit too lustrous though so I sprayed a thin coat of satin to bring it down 

spacer.png

The magazine added on the machinegunner seat is to cover a little mishap on the paint

spacer.png

Still no engine to speak of.

spacer.png

And that's how it looks at the moment. As you can see, roadwheels are assembled too. These are dryfitted to get some feeling of a tank.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers!

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
cleared the mess with img URLs
  • Like 20

Tremendous work, the interior looks great, some lovely touches and additions you've made.

Great details like the oil leaks in the engine bay and the detail in the driver and radio operators positions.

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, guys.

It's time to show the next round. Nothing fancy this time - only the bulkheads in engine bay,

fighting compartment floor and few smaller boxes and bits here and there. And the turret motor in the middle af all this of course.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
cleared the mess with img URLs
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1