Miniart T-55A Early Mod. 1965 - 37016 Full Interior

Hi there folks, here are a few photo's of my completed T-55A from Miniart, this has taken quite a while to do but really very interesting at the same time. It's like having 4 seperate models to build in one kit, they are all complete models in their own way, you have the engine, inside the tank body, inside the turret then the whole outside of the model. Never done an interior build before but i've got the bug now and will do another soon. The model is pretty much OTB with the exception of the tow cables which were from Eureka XXL and i made my own grab handles and tie down brackets on the turret plus replacement parts that have ejected into oblivion via my tweezers. I used MIG paints for the main colour and the filters and pin washes were done using burnt umber and black oil paints.

y4mJQUCf4h8g6LFFL5MMhK1KpObbkWYzncyf0WXey4mOuUf-btw36uZQq1yoniPqIJ0GYDLochMTZZw1y4ml959eV_bINdvFmgo4ElfJfR6PiLstHqwmYAUmy4mWIGvi9N6Qg-mOx69ZJQr-Ur5Z7PmxWMXBjGG6y4mU6HZvjpZelNTkwitKu76g03kR93__SPyAoINT

y4mBAqibngj28MnzsVVkFU5-vvSmerQraArYRxpn

y4mciv1s2_q_pZVcjsuxwgolfxQ-SOx8H6dk48m7

y4mqo2ZQJAs8nbTqspicPGYZQ1h9vCegnOtAx0SOy4mcCMnb8vMRlXJqMjkIWMLceUoHCZh2kw57ZaIm

y4mEE5c-9AY-yi4KdcWYjmDF1yax56jUq3PRvZWJ

y4moK0TFZ0T5qAQKWc_F02MstapaF0NDaAiOzQ_C

y4mBlxc0At3jPUXWtZKK0tYwyphV9YLJ9e5KeVbZy4mKt8sRkC8OYjzRMMqIVKszmHgQFtvwehwEl6p_

that's it, this is the end....

y4m6c1uesremU75pDC6ODVkigwrSYX-9z5WFhG5p

hope you like it

Link to WIP  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235074557-miniart-t-55a-early-mod-1965-37016-full-interior/

all the best

Ed

Edited by edjbartos
added link to WIP
  • Like 49
  • Thanks 2

Very nice. Must have been tricky running round the turret floor with each traverse as there doesn't seem to be a turret basket................

Terrific model though.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, echen said:

Very nice. Must have been tricky running round the turret floor with each traverse as there doesn't seem to be a turret basket................

Terrific model though.

Thank you, they're Russians, they're big blokes, they can handle it!!🙂

thanks for your comments and looking in

Ed

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Good to see you Andy, as i've said before many thanks for all your comments

Ed

Well Ed expect many more future comments mate because work like this deserves them 👏 👍 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, swralph said:

Outstanding modelling.😀

Thank you 👍

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Very high quality that. Well done Ed.👏

thanks Stef, appreciate it mate...

1 hour ago, StuartH said:

Absolutely stunning  :worthy:

Thank you Stuart, appreciate that and for your past comments

Ed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, f matthews said:

This is just spectacular!  I hope to get started on one of mine sometime next year-I really like the new Miniart stuff and will be using this as an instruction manual.  Top notch building and painting-thanks for sharing the journey!

Thank you for that, i'm glad you like it. I will look forward to seeing that, i too really like their stuff they are just so unusual, but fabulous subjects

Ed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John_drummer said:

That’s lovely. I’ve recently done their T-54B with interior and I too have got the bug for interior kits. Next up is their M3 Australian Lee, with interior in 1/35

thank you John, for your kind comments, now the Lee looks like a fascinating subject, i hope you will do a wip as i will definitely want to follow that.

Ed

2 hours ago, Rangerboy83 said:

Lovely job mate. I bought a mini art kit a few months back. The T-55A without interior. Opened the box then close it again. Way out my depths with that. Lol Great build mate.

Thanks my friend, i was the same when i bought this one which had over 1300 parts, 95 sprues and 2 etch sheets, it just looks overwhelming to start with, but to be honest it's not that bad really. They are not models to rush, you have to take your time, but they are great fun, and remember at the end of the day it's only plastic!

Ed

Oh my... When the first photo was displayed, my jaw dropped a bit. Well built, great painting and excelent weathering. And this interior too. I'm very impressed - one of the best 55 I have seen. :clap:I'm looking forward to your next model.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

Oh my... When the first photo was displayed, my jaw dropped a bit. Well built, great painting and excelent weathering. And this interior too. I'm very impressed - one of the best 55 I have seen. :clap:I'm looking forward to your next model.

Thanks Tom, glad you like it, i loved doing it. Really appreciate your comments as well

cheers

Ed