Revell 1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter

13 minutes ago, chrispisme said:

Constructive comments welcome but remember, I strive for mediocrity.

Well you've definitely exceded your target of mediocrity - a very smart white finish under the livery and I like the "wear and tear" effect on the non-slip coating on the floats. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cariado said:

Nice work!

Can I ask what makes this partly an Airfix kit? Did you use Airfix parts or something?

It would be the Matchbox kit - although the moulds are now owned by Revell so it is also available in a Revell boxing.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

this means a lot to me! Such accomplished modellers here I’m very happy to get positive feedback!!

I first built this (Matchbox) model in the mid 1990’s but it was a horrible job. I tried again with a Revell in the early 2000’s and it beat me again. My most recent failure was about 5 years ago again with the Airfix kit. 
The model shown here is using Matchbox wings with Revell fuselage and floats. Very happy to finally have a DHC-6 on the shelf...I believe the molds may have deteriorated from the earlier releases with the newer ones having a lot of flash, missing panel lines and sink marks. 
But now if I could sort out that Hobbycraft Canada DHC -8 (I’d really like to build it as a 300) I’d be tickled.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

Edited by chrispisme
typo

1 hour ago, chrispisme said:

Thanks guys!

this means a lot to me! Such accomplished modellers here I’m very happy to get positive feedback!!

I first built this (Airfix) model in the mid 1990’s but it was a horrible job. I tried again with a Revell in the early 2000’s and it beat me again. My most recent failure was about 5 years ago again with the Airfix kit. 
The model shown here is using Airfix wings with Revell fuselage and floats. Very happy to finally have a DHC-6 on the shelf...I believe the molds may have deteriorated from the earlier releases with the newer ones having a lot of flash, missing panel lines and sink marks. 
But now if I could sort out that Hobbycraft Canada DHC -8 (I’d really like to build it as a 300) I’d be tickled.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

Nice work and subject.  But as has been mentioned above , the Revell kit is  in fact from the Matchbox toolings.  Airfix have never done the Twin Otter... though I wish they would...

• Thanks 1

• chrispisme changed the title to Revell 1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter
2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Nice work and subject.  But as has been mentioned above , the Revell kit is  in fact from the Matchbox toolings.  Airfix have never done the Twin Otter... though I wish they would...

Thanks for correcting that error, no idea what got into me...making that mistake! amended now, thanks again!!