Potez 540

Pin

It is preposterous that there are (at least) two Amiot 143 builds but not a single Potez 540.

Time to have it fixed! Let's build yet another flying suitcase!

I started about two weeks ago but there was nothing to show

IMG-20201030-202251.jpg

The kit exhibits nice raised panel lines but the problem is that raised lines are hard to restore if sanding is needed so I rescribe. I will try however not to do engine nacelles, the details are really nice I will try to preserve them.

I'm going to add some details to the interiour to make it reasonably busy. Most of kit transparencies will be replaced, stock windows are way too thick

IMG-20201111-184220.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Alexy

Welcome to the Heller GB, and delighted to see the Potez 540 joining the party, better late than never.

Have you decided on a colour scheme yet ?

Best of luck with this one.

With any luck you will flush out all the other people who also have this in their stash.

Cheers Pat 

There is no agreement on what is the correct interior colour; after some research I decided to make it biege

IMG-20201111-222828.jpg

The fit is quite good. Fabric imitation on the wing is a bit over-pronounced  but I decided to leave it as it is

IMG-20201111-222801.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful build!

Impressive.

PETG??????

Cheers

JR

Edited by jean

5 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Looks to be a fairly decent kit

It is indeed! 

The fit is good, the details are crisp, moulding quality is mostly fine too. Not quite up to the modern standards but considering its age it is superb!

1 minute ago, Pin said:

It is indeed! 

The fit is good, the details are crisp, moulding quality is mostly fine too. Not quite up to the modern standards but considering its age it is superb!

I think you've sold it to me! Must admit, I had been eyeing up this kit, but had no idea what it is like. Seems to be another nice kit from Heller, so I shall have to pick one up now. As a bonus, the Potez always seems to be quite cheap. A win/win!

Steve

• Like 1

Hi,

It builds up quite nicely - I have one sitting a couple of feet away from me at the moment awaiting refurbishment after it got droppen and broke up. Also the decal are shot and will need replacing. I actually think it is quite good looking compared with the Amiot. Any thoughts on the external colour - mine is quite a dark "vert", Looks like you may alread have painted the fuselage exterior but not quite sure what colour you have used.

Pete

Edited by PeterB

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Alexey aka @Pin

I hope you are well.

You were going great guns when we last heard from you, have you had a chance to do any more to your Potez  ?

We are in our final week of this GB so it would be great to see this one finished. 

Cheers Pat 

Have not been in the shed this year. Mojo crisis. There are several models, including the Potez, that are close to completion, all that is needed is a sudden burst of inspiration that would come at some point ,,, in future.

• Sad 1

Nothing to be sorry about. 

After all, why are we building models? Because it brings joy and satisfaction. Fortunately for most of us building models is not the only things that we enjoy and there are things at the moment that I want to do more than to glue pieces of plastic together. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...