"The Spy who love me" Hunting Percival Pembroke [1/72 Special Hobby]

Rémi

• 2 weeks later...

The paint

It's always difficult to paint a twin engine aircraft. Especially when the fuselage has 3 colors

The white is little too large on the intrado wings, but it mask the junction between fusalge/wing that is not perfect

_DSC3370.jpg

_DSC3372.jpg

_DSC3373.jpg

_DSC3374.jpg

_DSC3375.jpg

• Like 17

I've built a couple of these. One as a Belgian one and the other RAF.  I heard one story about a Pembroke landing at one of the Berlin airfields and parked up in such a way facing the 'Reds' side,  the crew, as they disembarked were all dressed up as VIPs, to fool the 'opposition' as to their purpose.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 5:07 AM, Lord Riot said:

This will be good, I didn't know there was a 1/72 Pembroke! Getting on ebay right now 😂

I had no idea these were spyplanes either, genuinely thought they were for transport in RAF Germany. What spy equipment did they have, there's no lumps and bumps on them?

Would that be going for (Pem) Broke?

I'll show myself out...

• Haha 2

Excellent paint job, especially given its complexity!  Have you thought about adding a little more white to the vertical stabilizer?  I'm not suggesting you absolutely/positively should do it, but it does look a little dark to me.  

9 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Excellent paint job, especially given its complexity!  Have you thought about adding a little more white to the vertical stabilizer?  I'm not suggesting you absolutely/positively should do it, but it does look a little dark to me.  

You have must have right.

The next paint day, I spray a little more white on the tail.

I use Gunze paint

For the white I use the H11 with an add of X22 Tamya Clean

The grey is the H335

For the blue line I use H15(7 parts) and H322 (1 part)

For the roundle : For the blue I use the H15, the red is a mix of H86 (4 parts) and H327 (2 parts)

• Thanks 1

You were right to use the serial under one wing, very unusual on Pembrokes but correct for XF799.

This aircraft also carried the 60 sqn 'fighter bars' adjoining the roundels at one stage, which adds interest.

www.16va.be/page_pembroke_wildenrath.html

Lovely result Remi.

Hi

The next step : the decals

All my apologize, but the "fighter bars" are in the wrong direction. I see it when I set the second face.

I tried to reset the decals in the good direction. But all my attemps fails and the decals started to be damage and broke in multiple parts.

Finally I choosed to set the second face in the same wrong direction :(

I painted the blade

I make a part to fit it on the engine. The initial parts is too thick (may be because I place the engine at a place not choose by Special Hobby), and not well molded.

It was more simple tom make more thin pîece .

With the decals, it's time to unmask all the windows

_DSC3387.jpg

_DSC3388.jpg

_DSC3389.jpg

_DSC3390.jpg

_DSC3391.jpg

_DSC3392.jpg

_DSC3393.jpg

• Like 8