1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by Special Hobby - box art+schemes+decals+3D renders - Bf.109E-4 release November 2020 - other boxings in 2021

ptarmigan

2 hours ago, John Thompson said:

But he does have claw marks on his left leg...

Haha

It's prob supposed to be Galland, but it looks like Hartmann with von Verra's ears to me

The 1:48 and 1:32 kits came with Galland

Edited by matford

On 5/14/2021 at 3:00 PM, fightersweep said:

Damn! I've had to back order four E-1s because I like all those schemes far too much!

That's the spirit! 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

I was more than likely fuelled by spirit when I hit the order button. :drink:

They do say it's beneficial to have an Ebay sale timed to end on a Friday night...

3 hours ago, IanC said:

They do say it's beneficial to have an Ebay sale timed to end on a Friday night...

Probably explains how I've ended up with a bouncy castle, a bunch of pink flamingos and a full size Dalek in my back garden.

• Haha 4

Seems the right decision was made to go with the grey devil's head.   Found the image referenced from Caldwell's book on facebook, and the background setting appears to be early 1940 with snow still on the ground.  Careful digital study shows the emblem is slightly lighter than the number 16.   Could be it was photographed with an orange filter, resulting in the red becoming lighter in grey tone;

spacer.png

regards,

Jack

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Box content & pics, release very soon - SH72454 - Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1 "Lightly-Armed Emil"

Sources: 

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/messerschmitt-bf-109e-1-lightly-armed-emil.html

https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/06/sh72454-messerschmitt-bf-109e-1-lightly.html

In the first two years of World War Two, the Messerschmitt Bf 109E was arguably among the top fighter aeroplanes of the world, if not the very best of them. The type was produced in two major varieties differing by their armament – the so-called lightly-armed type and those with heavier punch. The former was fitted with four machine guns, two of them above the engine, the other two in the wings, the production gave versions E-1, E-5 and E-6. 
  This kit is a follow up to the E-3 and E-4 versions of Special Hobby Bf 109E kits which have recently been awarded the Model of the Year 2021 prize. It comes on two grey styrene sprues, one clear parts sprue and the decal sheet brings markings for four interesting machines operated by the Luftwaffe. The picked schemes offers machines flown by such ace fighter pilots as were Fritz Losigkeit who spent some time during the war flying in Japan and H.Trautloft, there is also a machine in two shades of green wearing a witch emblem under the cockpit and a machine of JG2 commanding officer Obers Gerd von Massow.

• superbly detailed model
  • interesting decals, machines of the ace pilots
  • this version has never been on the market before in this quality
  • available separately are the painting masks and CMK resin sets

210610030809481578.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think one mistake carried over from the Eduard design is located on the rear canopy section.  They have the center frame molded on top that sits in line with the antenna.  Other brands regardless of scale, have this molded underneath.  So too photos of existing air frames.   Not a big deal, just have to carve it off and buff the area back to a sheen.

DSC_0237.JPG

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Eduard just released their boxing with SH sprues as Limited Edition "Adlerangriff" Dual Combo.

Just got mine, here's the box:

DSCN2503.jpg

...and here's what you get - a colour booklet:

DSCN2505.jpg

...two Special Hobby 109's, an E-1 sprue, and an E-3/4 sprue plus the two generic sprues:

DSCN2507.jpg

... two sets of Eduard's pre-painted etch, two sets of CMK resin wheels and a pilot figure, and canopy masks, plus markings for 13 aircraft (although two of these are near-duplicates, Galland and Fozo's aircraft at different stages of the Battle):

DSCN2508.jpg

At about 30 quids it's pretty good value, the only small downside is that with only the two sets of wings, one MG and one cannon, you will have to build an E-1 and an E-3 or E-4, you can't build two E-1's, two E-3's, two E-4's or an E-3 and an E-4.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

From what I can tell from reading around, Special Hobby may have tweaked the fuselage slightly, but did they do anything about those overly long gear legs?

What's said to have been done to the fuselage?

9 hours ago, Yes_Man said:

What's said to have been done to the fuselage?

I think it was something to do with the area immediately in front of the canopy. I read it over at the 1/72 Aircraft forum and tried to find it again tonight, but it 's hosted by Tapatalk (which does horrible things to my ageing iMac) and had to give up.

19 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Just got mine, here's the box:

...and here's what you get - a colour booklet:

...two Special Hobby 109's, an E-1 sprue, and an E-3/4 sprue plus the two generic sprues:

... two sets of Eduard's pre-painted etch, two sets of CMK resin wheels and a pilot figure, and canopy masks, plus markings for 13 aircraft (although two of these are near-duplicates, Galland and Fozo's aircraft at different stages of the Battle):

At about 30 quids it's pretty good value, the only small downside is that with only the two sets of wings, one MG and one cannon, you will have to build an E-1 and an E-3 or E-4, you can't build two E-1's, two E-3's, two E-4's or an E-3 and an E-4.

Cheers,

Stew

I'm very tempted ! I've wanted to build an early war E-1 for some time and have decals for this while the sheet includes decals for a few interesting BoB subjects... I may even use some of the decals on other kits I have in the stash. Now I just have to wait and see which continental dealer has the best price

On 5/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, matford said:

t's prob supposed to be Galland, but it looks like Hartmann with von Verra's ears to me

The 1:48 and 1:32 kits came with Galland

Well now I have my hands on one and can have a close look under a magnifying glass - my conclusion is ... It looks an awfully lot like Douglas Bader!?! 

And oh bother I forgot to order oversprues 

Edited by matford

On 6/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, lasermonkey said:

From what I can tell from reading around, Special Hobby may have tweaked the fuselage slightly, but did they do anything about those overly long gear legs?

I don't have the early releases so no idea about the fuselage issue except Eagle Angriff and later E-4 rear fuselages matches in profile and fuselage frames with Tamiya G-6 adn Zvezda F.

Landing gear looks to be in in-flight position. Their oleos are far too long for an aircraft on the ground.

Cheers,

AaCee

• 2 months later...