1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by Special Hobby - box art+schemes+decals+3D renders - Bf.109E-4 release November 2020 - other boxings in 2021

ptarmigan

18 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

But back to the subject - here's a fairly picture-heavy inbox review of the new Emil: https://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-72-messerschmitt-bf-109e-4-special-hobby/

Looks great. And the hand crank for the engine start seals the deal! 😁 

Come on Hannants. Tell me it's in... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tank152 said:

You have to wonder what Mr Sulc has done to you, has he run off with your wife or something along those lines😁😁.

You do seem to go over the top with your rhetoric whenever Eduard is mentioned. 

Please keep it up though as like myself i'm sure plenty of others will find your child like comments pretty amusing. 

Whoever is following closely anything related to Eduard, from Czech modelling formus to Eduard Info can more or less relate to mentioned sentiments regarding Eduard way of communicating and especially ridiculing anyone who mentions omissions in their kits, and Bf 109 family from E to G being prime example.

Why is it so complicated for Eduard to get it right with 109 is beyond me, they have Emil and two Gustavs app.300Km. from Obrnice, and could have easily inspected them, as they did.

Where did it go wrong twice for Emil, twice for Gustav....

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Julien said:

Some of what has been said in this thread needs to stop. BM will not have personal attacks made on anyone and people will be having holidays.

Please be precise in what you are calling a personal attack. Is citing a link to another thread where some bad games of certain manufacturer are proven and illustrated, is a personal attack? Do the customers not have right to know how the items they may be buying are created?

Edited by caughtinthemiddle

4 minutes ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Please be precise in what you are calling a personal attack. Is citing a link to another thread where some bad games of certain manufacturer are proven and illustrated, is a personal attack? Do the customers not have right to know how the items they may be buying are created?

That's easy.  We're happy for models to be criticised for accuracy as long as it's done politely and with respect.  What we're not happy with is people insulting people, especially by name and using profanity to show themselves up to be thoroughly unpleasant.  Don't read more into it than is there.  We don't have any "you can't question XXXX's products", but we do have a general rule of all members being polite and respectful to other people when on this forum.  Like I said.  Simple to understand. :shrug:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Interesting comment:

Fridrih pisze:

04/12/2020 o 10:19 am

Of the most notable. Wrong section of the fuselage behind the cabin, sometimes looks like a square, and even branded eduard’s hump. Wrong engine cowling, sometimes just flat. Landing gear struts are too long. In terms of development, the model is super. But special of failed… Eduard, passing most of his problems from 48/32
Recommended for those who don’t know what Emil should look like in reality.
As a model, the set is excellent. As a scale copy not very

https://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-72-messerschmitt-bf-109e-4-special-hobby/

• Thanks 1

I expect that I'll buy the kit just to relish its extraordinary detail, even if I'm too awestruck actually to build it. The flaws don't seem difficult to correct, if one feels the need. I realize that 109 buffs are a different breed of cat, and more power to them, but (here he goes again) if anyone released a 1/72 Yak-9 that was even close to this, I'd be incoherent with delight, for days...

John

• Like 6

Set by Airmodel - ref. AM-6051 - Messerschmitt Bf 109 E "Idiotenbock" 

Source: https://www.airmodel.de/product_info.php?info=p378_.html

Googled

"This 1/72 conversion kit contains:

• Photo-etched parts , extra thick brass sheet for a more authentic appearance (d = 0.3 m)
  • Resin parts
  • Decals (high quality on a continuous carrier film)

To build the Messerschmitt Bf 109 E I/JG 101

Because of to the high engine torque and the small track width of the landing gear, the Bf 109 tended to break out after his tail was raised. The consequence were heavy, mostly deadly Accidents; especially among novice pilots. The I/JG 101 had a quite smart solution for this problem. At the beginning of 1944, two out of service Bf 109 E were equipped with "supports" under their wings to prevent tilting. In addition, the landing gear fairing was removed and the Undercarriage welded together with angle irons. In order to avoid overheating of the engine, the lower engine cowling was removed completely. Of course these machines were not airworthy anymore. According to the flight log, one machine received the TacticalNumber black 8, the other got the number 9. The only known picture shows a quite multicolored camouflage."

am6051-100.jpg

am6051-inlay.jpg

am6051-1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, occa said:

Interesting comment:

Fridrih pisze:

04/12/2020 o 10:19 am

Of the most notable. Wrong section of the fuselage behind the cabin, sometimes looks like a square, and even branded eduard’s hump. Wrong engine cowling, sometimes just flat. Landing gear struts are too long. In terms of development, the model is super. But special of failed… Eduard, passing most of his problems from 48/32
Recommended for those who don’t know what Emil should look like in reality.
As a model, the set is excellent. As a scale copy not very

That's rather patronizing :)

Edited by sroubos

11 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I expect that I'll buy the kit just to relish its extraordinary detail, even if I'm too awestruck actually to build it. The flaws don't seem difficult to correct, if one feels the need. I realize that 109 buffs are a different breed of cat, and more power to them, but (here he goes again) if anyone released a 1/72 Yak-9 that was even close to this, I'd be incoherent with delight, for days...

John

Me too, come on Airfix? Arma? Brengun? !

Just now, Wulfman said:

Me too, come on Airfix? Arma? Brengun? !

Wulfman 

• Like 2

I received my Emils (two boxes) yesterday. I'm not a rivet counter but decided to match the kit fuselage to the plans I have (Kagero Monography). I don't know how accurate they are but the kit is a bit too long and some lines and shapes are different. But I think that after building it will look like Emil, so I'll build a few. 

The pinel lines are nice, much nicer and delicate than in case of P-40E/M/N. 

The only disadwantage is that we don't find any masks or PE parts, which at that price would be quite nice.

6 hours ago, DominikS said:

I received my Emils (two boxes) yesterday. I'm not a rivet counter but decided to match the kit fuselage to the plans I have (Kagero Monography). I don't know how accurate they are but the kit is a bit too long and some lines and shapes are different. But I think that after building it will look like Emil, so I'll build a few. 

The pinel lines are nice, much nicer and delicate than in case of P-40E/M/N. 

The only disadwantage is that we don't find any masks or PE parts, which at that price would be quite nice.

Although I don't doubt the kit is inaccurate based on early reviews, I would take scale plans from Kagero with great caution, because in past they also showed deviations from accuracy and are in general not the ones to be taken for accuracy checks.

Then there might be some hope then, when Kagero is in the equation.   I took the Tamiya fuselage and placed it over the drawing, and it fits almost like a glove, with maybe being 0.3mm  short of the drawing.  Now if I take the ICM fuselage, which is supposedly a lengthened Tamiya version by about 2mm - it obviously extends past the drawing.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 1

It is not uncommon for kits to be based on inaccurate plans.  The Tamiya 109E saw considerable discussions, but the accepted conclusion was that it was too short.  Let's face it, the rear fuselage of the 109 didn't vary across the marks, and is fairly well known by now.  The ICM kit came later and its general resemblance to the Tamiya was noted, but with the error corrected.  If the Kagero plan matches the Tamiya kit, then presumably it was based on the same faulty information and cannot be taken as somehow justifying it.

• 2 weeks later...

I will do more detailed review of the kit when it arrives, but yes struts too long, slats too deep, some of the issues of Eduard kits, among at least two more, regarding those , will reserve final judgement until I receive the kit.

So after years of knowing about the shortcomings of Eduard 32 and 48 kits, as before when pantographed from 32nd into 48th, again same omissions, maybe outsourcing is not paying dividends for SH👎

Looks fine to me but I'm firmly in the school of 'if it looks like' it's fine with me.

So with ICM, Tamiya, Airfix, Special Hobby and soon AZ all doing very good Emil kits you'd think we have enough of them. If you don't mind raised panel lines the Heller kit is still pretty good too. This must be the best represented aircraft in 1/72 when it comes to high quality kits available. And you have some choice as well, the SH kits seems to me to cater very well for the superdetailing crowd, the Tamiya is shake and bake champion and the Airfix best for value.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 2:03 PM, Graham Boak said:

Ah, but which artistic style?  Impressionist? Art Nouveau?  Cubist?  I know - Surrealist.

No prizes awarded for anyone suggesting aircraft designs most suited for the above.

Cubist would have to be the Blackburn Blackburd. 

• Haha 2