Supermarine PB31 - the Spitfire’s great grandad

Marklo

Hi Marklo,

your build has really come a long way. It is really inspiring to see how it comes together, made from nothing else than plastic card and a lot of determination. Can't wait to see how the engines turn out.

Cheers

Markus

resized_31792051-40b4-44ed-8dfa-339ac5f8Filler on the wings. Just one rigging wire and two control wires left.

dad55806-7138-498e-920e-5c9ad2a525a0.jpeTwo plastic assemblages not entirely unlike Anzani ten cylinder radials. Just need the cylinder heads and exhaust manifolds.

Broke out my little lathe and managed to get a fair semblance of fins on spruce so they will be sliced up and attached.

• Like 2

resized_04818de5-e78e-4148-9eb7-de4811cdProps from the spares box.

resized_08f8c49d-bc67-492f-a15d-71c0b27fCylinder heads and manifolds as well as a coat of dark iron. The crank cases look dark on my photos so I’ll either leave them this colour or possibly paint them black, but in any photos that f the engine I can find they’re bare aluminium hmm..,

• Like 3

resized_66b1288a-4eda-4cb5-8a3d-3fe32406After checking my photos again I changed my mind on the crankcases and painted then aluminium. Just need to paint the prop bosses and give the props a coat of clear orange.

Working away in the struts and final cleanup on track to  scrape the weekend :) 

• Like 2

resized_c7befb99-b2cb-46cb-a7be-9135e6afLots of things done. Roundels, rear glazing a lot of cleanup.

resized_f11674d8-c56c-44af-8823-06938be6

Tail skid added. Just the missing struts general strut cleanup and a few missing rigging wires left. Oh and of course got the engines. I Need to decide if I’m going to fit the Davis most of the photos show it unarmed, and make one if I do decide. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

resized_4144c5d5-b198-4499-9b3e-4f5c55afEngines on. Struts finished and painted. Fix the rigging, make a spotlight and a Davis gun and it’s just about done. And the roof rack and gun mounts.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

No photo but I have now got everything bar the three guns on the bus, so notwithstanding completing the Davis ( which is almost there), just a tiny bit of assembly and some minor paintwork left :) 

Edited by Marklo