1/72 Falklands Part II : Bravo November ZA718 Chinook

Harry_the_Spider

• Harry_the_Spider changed the title to 1/72 Falklands Part II : Bravo November ZA718 Chinook
3 hours ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Matchbox did many moons ago, here is the Scalemate link. I have one in my stash, although the colour scheme must be a post-Falkland one (Cyprus?). Kit decals already include big Union Jacks and The Survivor sign under the pilot's side transparencies. Cheers

Jure

Certainly was Cyprus. I was there at the time on a different detachment, went back to our rooms on the Friday afternoon and they were painted as per normal. Come Monday morning and they had all the union jacks plastered all over them.

Well, as it goes, it goes!

I wish I had seen this post earlier and saved you a few quid!  I've also been in your situation before when someone had an item for me AFTER I bought it on-line!

The Airfix kit's decals SHOULD be of better quality, certainly a lot thinner!

Happy Hunting,

WARDOG

Edited by WARDOG
Spelling/spacing errors

According to Scalemates ZA718 is a decal option for the Matchbox kit. 

EDIT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Matchbox-Chinook-Hc-Mk-1-CH-47D-1-72-Model-Kit/154042406967?hash=item23dda49837:g:3nAAAOSwlGxfMvfA

Yep, BN is in there. I didn't pay anywhere near this much for it BTW!

Hello

Thanks for the correction, Asmodai, that scheme does not apply for ZA718. Harry_the_Spider, Matchbox kit does include ZA718 option, although The Survivor title and the unit badge on the tail decals are redundant for Falklands. Jabba, thank you for that info. I think one of the Italeri Wessex kits also comes with Cyprus Union Jack decals. Those two would make pretty colourful models. Cheers

Jure