Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar. Late production

Longbow

Hi Guys !! 
Hope everyone is staying safe, snd keeping well !!

Ready for inspection finally is this Taniya Brummbar, that I finally got a figure finished for. 
Built OOTB, with no additives... Except for an Alpine figure with a Tamiya arm. 

Hope y’all enjoy !! Critical observation is welcome !! ;)

Lee. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Forgotten all about this one Lee, came out well!

Nicely weathered too, suitably scuffed, scraped and grubby without being ott.

So the tank is finished, the little fella is ready, just need the base to go with it....

I'm sure someone with your talents could knock something up...

• Thanks 1

Excellent finish on the "Bear" Lee. The figure looks good. I don't know if you've ever tried this before, but when I'm painting a figure, after the flesh has gone on, I flood the face and hands with a shadow colour, thinned right down with water. It gets into all of the nooks and crannies.

John.

• Thanks 1

Really like the finish on this Lee, looks like a very well used tank! Did you do the weathering with paint or pigments? And are the schurzen from the kit too - they look to be scale thickness? Good looking figure too. 👍

Very nice job!

Keith

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Forgotten all about this one Lee, came out well!

Nicely weathered too, suitably scuffed, scraped and grubby without being ott.

So the tank is finished, the little fella is ready, just need the base to go with it....

I'm sure someone with your talents could knock something up...

Thanks, Darryl !!

I just don't have the room for bases, I'm afraid. Everything is still in draws until I can get a display case, which was supposed to happen last Wednesday, and then last Saturday, but work got in the way LOL !!

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent finish on the "Bear" Lee. The figure looks good. I don't know if you've ever tried this before, but when I'm painting a figure, after the flesh has gone on, I flood the face and hands with a shadow colour, thinned right down with water. It gets into all of the nooks and crannies.

John.

Thanks John !! I certainly will try that approach, win the next one !! 

I have a bunch of Alpine and Hornet heads here, as well as Dragon, etc, and really need to pin and prime a number of them, so I can practice. 

2 hours ago, swralph said:

Nice one.😀

Thanks for looking in, and commenting !!

57 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Really like the finish on this Lee, looks like a very well used tank! Did you do the weathering with paint or pigments? And are the schurzen from the kit too - they look to be scale thickness? Good looking figure too. 👍

Very nice job!

Keith

Thanks, Keith !!

All weathering is done with paint, either thinned and sprayed Vellejo Kharki, or the one oil paint, thinned and used as a streaking agent, filter, pin wash, etc. 

I use a very small selection of colors, for everything. 

The Schürzen are just 20 Thou card, cut to size, with the kit brackets added. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Thanks, Darryl !!

I just don't have the room for bases, I'm afraid. Everything is still in draws until I can get a display case, which was supposed to happen last Wednesday, and then last Saturday, but work got in the way LOL !!

I have a bunch of Alpine and Hornet heads here, as well as Dragon, etc, and really need to pin and prime a number of them,

No good making excuses man, a small base, like Steve did, doesn't have to be much bigger than the tank itself. Now get your finger out and stop procrastinating!

Your maniac, more blocks more pins.....is there a block and pin supplier I can buy shares in?🤔

• Haha 1

Great build Lee, superb paint and weathering.  Wish my figures came out like that , practice makes perfect though.

Talking of paint, what did you use?  Ive just got some of the Tamiya Lacquer No.2 but not tried it yet.

Well done

Si

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Really nice work, looks great!

Vytautas

Thank you, Vytautus !!

1 hour ago, StuartH said:

Fantastic work Lee. I love the soft edges and the blended look to the paint scheme...very effective👍

Hi Stuart !! Thanks for stopping by !!

53 minutes ago, Simon Dyer said:

Great build Lee, superb paint and weathering.  Wish my figures came out like that , practice makes perfect though.

Talking of paint, what did you use?  Ive just got some of the Tamiya Lacquer No.2 but not tried it yet.

Well done

Si

Thank you Simon !!

It’s all Vellejo sprayed over black Stynylrez. 
Weathering is a mix of Vellejo and  Windsor and Newton Raw Umber oil. 

• 1 month later...

I've just brought this kit  (among others...) and am looking forward to starting it soon, your work is very impressive, especially 

the colours you've used and the weathering is spot on for me, I have been known to go a bit ott myself. Nice work and thanks for 

sharing.

• Thanks 1

Missed this the first time around. Really pleased I have seen it now!! As always - such impressive modelling!! Stunningly beautiful finish! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Watto said:

I've just brought this kit  (among others...) and am looking forward to starting it soon, your work is very impressive, especially 

the colours you've used and the weathering is spot on for me, I have been known to go a bit ott myself. Nice work and thanks for 

sharing.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Missed this the first time around. Really pleased I have seen it now!! As always - such impressive modelling!! Stunningly beautiful finish! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you guys !!

It was a very enjoyable build !!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, edjbartos said:

This really does look lovely Lee, smashing finish, I really like the weathering that you have done especially the scratches on the side plates. everything looks brilliant, well done 👍

Ed

Thanks for taking a look, Ed !!

• Like 1

Nice job! Camo is perfect and I love front steel wheels! 👍 I'd like to built my Brummbar in Italy but Dragon high price dissuaded me🙄 and I have already given my blood for a STUG IV Dragon kit!

Which unit?

Ciao

F

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phil1960 said:

Nice job! Camo is perfect and I love front steel wheels! 👍 I'd like to built my Brummbar in Italy but Dragon high price dissuaded me🙄 and I have already given my blood for a STUG IV Dragon kit!

Which unit?

Ciao

F

Thanks for looking in, and comment !!

No specific unit, just a generic vehicle, somewhere East of the border :D

The Dragon Stug IV is a very nice kit !!