Pacific WWII B-25 J "Strafer" 1/32 HK model kit

22 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

You've created a masterpiece!

Oh man, do I ever agree with that!   What a work of art! :clap2:  The cockpit photo could pass for the real deal; the amount of love and craftsmanship involved in this build is evident everywhere one looks.   Masterpiece indeed:worthy:

Stunning! I am otherwise lost for words. The NMF patina is superb,. What do you do to the metal tape - is it scuffed and abraded after application?

15 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

the more you look more you see so l may be looking for quite some time!

As Farmerboy says - I also could be looking for quite some time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 7:36 AM, Farmerboy said:

Awesome model, the cockpit looks phenomenal, more you look more you see so l may be looking for quite some time!

Hi Farmerboy

thanks for the comment I appreciated it very much. If you still have a little time, Erika my assistant (...........as the Strafer pilot ha,ha.. ! )  will take you for a tour inside the cosckpit.
George

spacer.png

spacer.png

directly from the wip: interior cockpit (Eduard BigEd + HGW seatbelt + scratchbuilding)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for the attention

On 11/10/2020 at 11:31 PM, Spad said:

Stunning! I am otherwise lost for words. The NMF patina is superb,. What do you do to the metal tape - is it scuffed and abraded after application?

George

• Like 4

Spad, thanks for the comment.

The metal strip is treated absolutely prior to application. The treatment depends on what you want to achieve: a shimmering, oipac, aged or mixed texture.

To understand this, here is a small example that could clarify the steps:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

final result:

spacer.png

George

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@aquatarkus10:  I just got to this thread by doing research on 1/32 airplane models, and specifically about B-25 Mitchell bombers in 1/32 scale, which brought me to you based on an internet search.  I couldn't leave here without commenting, even though this thread is over a year old.  Your model, sir, in beyond spectacular, in every possible way!  I believe I have only ever seen one or two other models, in my entire lifetime (63 years) that come close to the level of detail, and incredible execution that yours has, and yours is the only one with a natural metal finish.  I wouldn't have believed  a model could be made to this degree of realism, until I saw the photos you posted here.  This kind of work makes a model rube like me clearly want to give up the hobby, as I'd never, in a hundred years of experience, ever come close to what you have created!

• Like 1