steel photo etch

proplineruk

Hi  can anyone out there help me ? I have the reissue of the Hasegawa Lamborghini Miura and am "trying" to use the steel photo etch for the door "strakes" and am not having much luck as the contact area of the vertical and horizontal elements are only very small and when joined by superglue, keep coming apart.

Has anyone successfully built these item's , and if so how did you do it ? if they were brass I would solder it , but with it being some sort of stainless steel , this is not an option. 

All and any help anyone can give me in working with this type of photo etch would be very much appreciated. 

Hi Guys thanks for your suggestions , since my last mail I tried epoxy but there is so little contact area, it was not a success, I made a simple jig to build the assembly, it  held the curved bas that sits against the door, with an end plate that I marked the position of the horizontal  ribs, this DID help with positioning, but this assembly, is so small it was a case of fitting one rib , that moved the previously fitted one , hair pulling out time (if I had some to pull out!) 

Have started to think about another way of doing this , just to clarify I am using the Studio27 etch set , and I checked the set in the reissued kit and its different, the location for the ribs is much larger on this set , so "should" be easier to use, I suppose if all else fails I could use this part instead of the Studio 27 parts, but I hate being beaten by it.