Heinkel He.112 Kit #240

Evening everyone... This just arrived from the U.K. A member @fightersweep was kind enough to send me another Heller kit to build, in the box was the Heinkel 112 and a Heller Hurricane IIc. Though Im pretty sure @stevej60 has those pretty well covered. EIwhQ49.jpgNow Im not quite sure which markings, though the Romanian is a top tier choice, I may go with that, Legion Condor, Japanese, or Luftwaffe. I’d be happy to hear and entertain thoughts on which schemes you may be interested in. Here are the sprue shots still in the factory sealed bag, decals even look pretty good0o8Cyrs.jpg
Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Now I know your home address, Dennis and now I can creep your house on GOOGLE Earth Street view.

Chris

Its nothing special, crappy suburban townhouse. My families home in Wisconsin is more my real home this is just a shelter. 

• Like 1

Put some extra beers in the fridge Dennis, I'm just organising the Heller GB coach trip over to yours.

The packed lunches are taking a while to make, and not everyone eats Haggis apparently which is slowing things down.

Now then where was I,

1. money,

2. tickets,

3. Passport

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Put some extra beers in the fridge Dennis, I'm just organising the Heller GB coach trip over to yours.

The packed lunches are taking a while to make, and not everyone eats Haggis apparently which is slowing things down.

Now then where was I,

1. money,

2. tickets,

3. Passport

Bring me extra Haggis ! Cant get it over this side of the pond. 

• Like 1

Good morning everybody... Hoping everyone is safe out there. I did a lot of work tonight, and I do mean a lot. Besides finishing all the etch on my Ship build over in the Mediterranean build. I have this almost completely built up. I had to choose pretty early which marking option I was going with. I opted for the later cowling panels that are present on the Romanian and Japanese aircraft. 
AE947tD.jpg

M2PmHxt.jpg

You can see that I drilled out the openings on the sides, I believe they're gun troughs. DATVMhU.jpg
This one ⬆️ will need a little filler at the bottom, apparently I was a little zealous with my sanding. 

wbuTNuM.jpg

Next up was the interior. blvlcBi.jpg

I painted incorrectly at first then realized the armor plate was backwards. Other than the leather headrest its been repainted now.

i54wWMg.jpg

I took a tip from @Pete F’s build and added the metal barrel troughs on the inside of the wings. mjIBtS9.jpg

I wont be boxing in all that much as not much will be seen from the upper view point. Next up was to glue the fuselage together and add to the lower wing. iNXVsNB.jpg

The Radiator/oil cooler is also painted. JnBEYBB.jpg

Last but not least I glued the upper wings on and the fit was nigh on perfect. KgW4IuZ.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 12

This is looking good. Nice detailing on the nose gun ports. It's a great kit.

Make sure those wing roots are well glued, they are a minor stress point.

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2020 at 20:54, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

decals even look pretty good

Interestingly mine was in the same style box but the swastikas weren't present on the decals. There was just a blank space so they hadn't been printed. I wonder if this was time related (e.g. someone made a decision to stop or start printing them) or geographical (e.g. being sold in a particular country).

• Like 1

Geographical.  For a while in the UK you could buy both box variants for the new K, one showing the swastika and one with a black circle over it.  Only trouble was, one of them had the awful old K kit inside...  Having bought my new one in Paris, I sent an indignant letter off to the distributer, Humbrol, getting a long and rather odd answer back, claiming that they were considering action under the Trade Description law.  I can imagine what sort of response they would have got in court...

Edited by Graham Boak
Correct ambiguity
  • Like 2

Good morning everyone... I was finally able to get back to the bench tonight. Finished up the tail planes and all the filling, sanding, & re-scribing. So After priming and painting my Panther tank, I decided to go ahead and prime this as well. 
7lDhpDl.jpg

Once that was done I masked this up and sprayed the RLM 65. QUz7Beh.jpg

Next up is to spray the RLM70/71 in what is described as a loose wave pattern ? Then finally the white/yellow of the theatre markings. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everyone... Well The main colors are on. Boy its been awhile for me and Vallejo/Ammo style acrylics. I had to use my .5 needle and I did get it done, but now I know why Im switching to lacquers and my .2 needle A/B. Anyway here is the 112 wearing the RLM70/71 in a wavy pattern.

MFPTs3t.jpg

oPbmAUV.jpg

cJyarpp.jpg

pcTE8oU.jpg

The raw plastic is wear the yellow will be sprayed tomorrow or Sunday. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 9

5 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Good luck with the yellow Dennis :pray:

Cheers Pat 

3 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Looking good - I am still stuck with enamels and lacquer thinners for airbrushing - old habits die hard.  

I seem to have good luck when spraying yellow, of course Famous last words. 

Id love to use Enamels like Modelmaster, Xtracolor, or Colorcoats. But They're extremely hard to find around here in Chicago. So I use the next best thing and go with Tamiya, Hataka, or Gunze. I used to use mostly the Vallejo or Ammo acrylics but my new A/B is to fine a needle for them. Until I get my .35 Neo fixed Its the .20 or .50 Iwata’s

• Like 1

Evening everyone... well I sprayed down the White and then Yellow. I think it turned out well ? I will hand paint the Red/Blue stripes on the tail as they're small enough and to mask all of that again would be a pain in the Rump. A couple of touchups of the colors around the wing fillet/cowling join on the weird curve thats there. Nothing major went wrong today so Im what you Brits call really chuffed. 
JxaJoh2.jpg

Hvoj9EW.jpg

xWm0zC8.jpg

Y78cNtU.jpg

In case your were curious the tan objects off to the upper left are the bomb panniers for my Vicker’s Wellesley. Heres an impressive shot of the two contemporaries.
Dx0UZ3u.jpg

The Wellesley’s first flight was in June of 1935, the Heinkel’s was in September of the same year. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 9

Well you’ve nailed the yellow Dennis and judging by the overall model you’re gonna nail this excellent kit as well. You’re really making excellent progress here and the results are all super impressive.
Cheers and well done.. Dave 

• Thanks 1