Fiat 806 GP full-scratchbuild 1:6

Ghost69

Hello guys
Manufacture of the engine cover hinge and installation of the whole assembly under the eye of the foreman 😉

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A+  Manu

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 14

Have you considered leaving it like this? So one side is complete and the other you get to see all those lovely details you have added.  If I had been able to make this I would be draging strangers in off the street just to show them 😅🤣 Andy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Andy  (  @Toftdale) , thank you.
Yes it stays like that, I've been looking for a long time at how to present it and I remembered that I've seen this on model boat forums where people present open hulls to show the framework in detail.
I've never seen it on a car (but I don't think I invented it) and I think it's original and you don't have the usual car with the engine cover open to see inside.
The back of the window will be mirrored to see the bodywork.
People who see my car think it's a great idea.
You'll see the effect on the pictures of the finished car... soon 

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 2

Wow! Looks fab.

Lots has been written about this car on this forum. I have been guilty of some of it. As a result, a number of great models have been built which accurately depict the little cars lines. Yours is one of the most dramatic and a fabulous demonstration of your skills. Bravo.

Thanks for sharing,

Nick

• Thanks 1

Manu,

I'm just tuning into this build (I recently joined up here on Britmodeller), and I just wanted to pop in and express my admiration for your work. The car looks superb.

Best,

Andrew

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Thank you very much Pouln for your message.
Next time it will be pictures of the finished car!!!
For the moment, manufacturing the engine cover fasteners.
Manu

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
With the nice weather I'm working in the garden and I just realised that I forgot to finish the subject.
The car is finished.
In the autumn I'll make the glass window with the mirrored background part.
The figurine that will be animated is 80% done, the program is ok.

I retain 2 things, the "handmade" is the incredible thing for people, as well as the realization of the aluminium body (especially the engine bonnet with its louvers and the rear curve of the body).

All this was a first experience and I had a lot of fun with it...so there will be another car that is maturing in my head.

For the few "perfectionists" of the Fiatb 806, ok it is not perfect but the project is finished and as I say:
"It's only a model and its value is only what I give it".

Oh, I forgot, it caught the eye of a friend who makes a paper fanzine and who wants to put a picture and a link to my work, and other requests.... 

Thanks to you all 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 18

It has been great following this build and the finished result is incredible.  The Fiats of the 1920s are some of the most important and yet overlooked cars in motorsport history.  There is no doubt that you have created a worthy tribute to these pioneering machines.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark_1984 said:

Without a doubt, this is a masterpiece!  One of the best models I've seen for a long time!

I've thoroughly enjoyed your build.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Yep...that pretty much sums up my thoughts too - Andy 

• Thanks 1

This is an absolutely astonishing model in every way. Top class workmanship! My congratulations on completing the project to such a high standard.

Ian

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello
Thanks guys for your messages. 
The car is finished, I just had to finish the figure.

The challenge was to animate its head. Not necessarily easy to achieve and especially to obtain a movement of the head as realistic as possible
It's done, I inserted 2 servomotors (one for the rotation of the head and the other one for its tilt). I made a connector under his buttocks that connects to the other part on his seat.
I use a Nano Arduino board to drive this. I added a sound card (DFPlayer) with the sound of a motor.
In the video the idea is that the pilot nods and then looks at his lap counter "come on boy, you can start the motor...."

1f.jpg

2f.jpg

3f.jpg

4f.jpg

5f.jpg

6f.jpg

7f.jpg

8f.jpg

9f.jpg

10f.jpg

11f.jpg

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 4

What ? The arms don’t turn the wheel? 

Just kidding. It was already an insane model, but now you made it into a ludicrous model. 

Hat off. 👍👏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Pouln:  Thank you Pouln for your reply to my message. Indeed I only use translators and there seems to be a bad translation of your words.
It wasn't like you to say things like that, that's why I was surprised.
Now someone can tell me they don't like it, but I was surprised by the word translated.
I understood it well this time and thanks again for your message  ;o))

"In any way my post was meant to tell you that you have created a more than fantastic model with this.

Congrats with that, Manu"

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello friends
It's been a long time since I came back to give some news about my model.
Before starting my new project, I wanted to redo the front grill and make its window.
Now it's completely finished...I'll be able to concentrate fully on my new project which will also be an exceptional race car full scratchbuild 1/6.

The window is made of plexiglass, the back part of the window is with a mirror.
The frame of the window is made of wood covered with aluminum sheet with rivets to find the atmosphere of the bodywork. 
Underneath you can see the usb plug and its switch, the Arduino board for the animation of the figurine and the sound card, on the right side you see the speaker.
the wooden wedges with the screws are used to fix the car by screwing in the tires.

Thanks for all your messages.
Manu

spacer.png

602.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 14

• 2 weeks later...