Fiat 806 GP full-scratchbuild 1:6

Ghost69

Hello guys
Thank you for your many messages.
Since I made myself a dividing chuck, it was the opportunity to test it by making the numerous notches on the steering wheel hub.
It is now "spectacular". 

On 15/11/2020 at 02:44, Roy vd M. said:

Very nice steering wheel but I’d hope in this major scale you would machine those teeth around the inner wheel diameter.

...... while it would make the steering wheel look ‘spectacular’ rather than ‘very nice’.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys
Even if I said I was going to show my car without the body at the beginning, I intend to finish my project...I don't like to give up.
So I made the louvers that will come on the rear part of the body. The ones that will be at the very end will be put upside down because they are there to let the air out of the body. 
To my knowledge, an uncommon thing is that the louvers are on rounded parts, I've never seen that on other cars (it certainly exists) and the louver dies I've seen at customers' are made for a flat surface.
If I bend the sheet metal, the louvers crush and stay flat, which is awful. So I made myself a wooden form and I come and shape the roundness of the louvre. It's a test but I want the result to be nice, otherwise I'll cheat and put the louvers on flat surfaces of the body. 
For the engine cover, it will be much more complicated but first things first.
I'll then make a hole in my body and remove a thin layer to stick my aluminium plate (louvers) then putty and paint.
Now the pictures...if you have any advice, ideas, remarks, questions, I'll be happy to take them.
A+
Manu

This is an old picture, but it gives you an idea of the car with a part of the body (fiberglass body)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am happy with the result 😀😀

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Test done quickly on a failed plate. The principle seems to work

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you and see you soon

Manu  ;o)

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 11

• 1 month later...

Hello guys
I finished the bodywork and made the mould to form the engine cover.
Since a few days there have been big changes...I show you the pictures in the order of the story ;o)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

See you soon
Manu

• Like 7

Hello
From the beginning I thought that the engine cover would be the most difficult thing to do with those slanted louvers and the boss.
I really wanted the louvers to be done right.
I will show you my mistakes concerning the making of the boss, of course it's by doing that you learn from your mistakes (I'll just tell you that it's not the final solution).
To make the boss, I pressed an aluminium sheet, but by doing so, the folds of the sheet on the sides are crushed, so it was not nice... the solution I found was to cut the boss and to glue it in the engine cover previously cut. 
Soon the continuation and the good solutions ;o)
Manu

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I then wanted to glue the boss and putty it

spacer.png

A+  Manu

• Like 14

Hello

@Toftdale @NickD @ Mark_1984 @Harry Callahan @Kodiopa First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on my publications.

Before going further, how to best present a car. Showing the interior, the engine, the chassis, it's nice (you could see my pictures already done) but not having the body shape is not possible. Putting the body next to it, maybe, but at 1/6 it's too important.

I remembered people in the ship modelling industry called dockyard who used to build boat hull halves to show the whole structure of the boat... and why not do the same thing on my car, make a half body. 
No more traditional presentation of the car with the engine cover open .... it's seen and seen again !!!
I like my idea, I've never seen it on a car (but I don't think I've invented anything either), so I'll do it like that.

For now, let's go back to my engine cover.
Once in hand, I think it's nice and I think it's a shame to paint it because my work will be less highlighted, but then I'll have to do the body in aluminium (and not in fiberglass anymore), but I'll also have to do the engine cover boss directly on it (more glue and putty)

I make new tools to make my louvers because the previous ones were too big and the space between the louvers too large. 
To be on the safe side, I make several plates ... but I haven't missed any.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

and I make the boss directly on the engine cover, there too no false manipulation

spacer.png

I'm doing a test to see if I can shape the back of the body, it's okay, I just have to do it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A+
Manu

Edit: I'm sorry I don't speak a word of English and reading the translation I get the impression that it's not always well done. 
Hopefully it's still understandable.
Most of the time I don't write like I normally would, I try to make the translator work best. My apologies. 

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 10

If I could have just 1% of your scratch-building skills, there would be no one happier than me.

Your work is absolutely mind-blowing !

Thanks to share with us, mere mortals !

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello
Thanks for your comments guys.

Since the engine cover is ok in aluminium, there is no reason not to do the same for the body.

I miss a louvers, have to redo the work

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I present the set and shape the air deflector for the pilot

spacer.png

See you soon

Manu

• Like 8

Thank you very much, it's the first time I've done this and it's true that the "full sctrach" is very appealing to people who see my car. 
"Handmade" is very gratifying.
Thanks again to all those who are interested in my subject.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

The body makes such a difference even when it is incomplete.

Thanks NickD.

Yes, it would have been a mistake not to show the bodywork.
My solution allows to have both at the same time, it's original.
You'll see the pictures soon.

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 1

Congratulations, Manu, it is an amazing build you show us. The job you made to represent the hood is superb. I look forward to see more.

Like CC, I wish I had the same scratchbuild skills!

Your huge replica will be a real piece of art, definitely!

Cheers, Olivier

• Thanks 1