Fiat 806 GP full-scratchbuild 1:6

Ghost69

We will soon come to the end of my topic.
There are some mistakes, I've redone a lot of things but it's not always possible because the work would be too important.
It's a universe that I was discovering, the next one will be built differently.
The chassis, the engine, the cockpit are finished. I'm going to take photos to present it.
I will certainly mould the tyres at the same time as those of my next car.
For the moment the feedback I have is to present the car without the bodywork, I think so too for the moment.

Edited by Ghost69

Hello
Manufacture of the dashboard.

Contour of the screens with a recessed part to place the "glass" so that its contour is not visible.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
In the meantime I have modified the edges of the meter holder so that they are parallel to the brushed circles on the aluminium.
  • Like 5

I wish you all the best for this new year, full of beautiful and good things.

The dashboard is normally located in the space between the bodywork and the air deflector made for the driver.
As I will be presenting the car initially without the bodywork, I made a rod that clips onto the roll bar.
I will be able to easily undo it and position it in its housing later on.
A wallpaper is poorly printed, I ran out of ink. It will be redone later.
Thank you

fiat 806 grand prix 323.jpg

fiat 806 grand prix 324.jpg

fiat 806 grand prix 325.jpg

fiat 806 grand prix 326.jpg

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 13

9 minutes ago, Svedberg said:

Poorly printed!? Not anything that is visible. Quite the opposite.

I was imprecise, it's the left meter, the black is not intense, but it's a detail .
Thanks for your message ;o)

Hello
Before I post you the pictures of my car that I consider finished for the moment, a little wink.
When you start such a project without knowing how to do it, you can only progress.
So I have made and redone...some parts.
As the months go by, what is interesting is that you think differently to do certain things. For example, I see that now to make certain pieces, I tell myself that I'm going to do them with the lathe, whereas 10 months ago I wouldn't even have thought about it.
After a while you also have to know how to say stop, otherwise you would never finish what you started...and I don't like projects that are too long because I have so many other projects.
All this was not beautiful at all.
It all started with a pvc chassis (lined with an aluminium bar for rigidity)...It only existed one evening before ending up in the trash ;o)

Manu

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Hello
It's been a little while since I took pictures of my "finished" car so I have to present them to you.
"Finished" in the sense that for the moment I'm going to present it like this (without the bodywork). The feedback I've had is that it's nice to be able to look at all the details and I also agree. 
For the moment I haven't done anything new on the bodywork. I made a hydraulic press a few months back and then I did a quick test to make the ventilation holes. It's a quick test, nothing is calibrated or wedged.  
Still in my manufacturing, I also made a very small dividing mandrel for model making, I should have done it before.
Last week I also bought a bench milling machine, something made for model making and small mechanics, it is now in place, and like the metal lathe I can't wait to find out how to use it ( @PROPELLER: thanks Dan for your tips and advice).
Let's get back to the car, there are some mistakes I made.  I was able to correct some of them and others I didn't.Also lack of informationrI also lacked information and at times I interpreted certain things. 
When you discover the so exciting world of scratch, you would never stop and the experience you acquire over time makes you always want to redo some parts...that's what I did several times but after a while you have to stop. I don't want my subject to drag on (and I hate to start something without finishing it) and I have so many other things to do...

Note: the tyres are not nice, they are turned in cartwheels and the rubber is very bad, full of air bubbles. 
I'll have to mould the tyres for my next project...I'll take the opportunity to make the tyres for the Fiat at the same time.

The length of the car is about 24 pouces (if I'm not mistaken in the units of measurement) 

Thanks to you  ;o)

Manu

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A+  Manu

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Dear Manu,

I totally suscribe to the comments above. As I said to you in PM, it is a fantastic build, at an incredible scale, and it is very interesting to see how the same subject (the Fiat 806 in this instance) can give very different results. This confirms, if it was necessary, the artistic dimension of model making. Little Andy had offered a very original and artistic version, with a very personal weathering, Harvey (I have no news from him and I miss him, I hope he feels fine) had like you 100% scratch built, an incredible 1/12 version (we still expect the final result), Hannes will certainly soon go back to his bench to finish his one, that should also be amazing, if we refer to his Fiat Mefisto build. And I admit I also love my own version, that I sometimes admire in the showcase of my waiting room, wondering I how could be so patient to assemble the wheels spokes (just to take this example). 

Hats off again :clap2:

Cheers, Olivier

P.S: you should now present your Fiat in the RFI section...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Manu,

Really looks the business. Lovely to see. Bordino looks fab.

Your interpretation of the seat stresses just how uncomfortable it must have been. Not sure I would have wanted to drive it if given the chance!

My only observation, which is not in any way a criticism, is how it looks from the side. The body boat tail adds more length than I'd realised. Without it the car looks quite a bit shorter. I've spent a lot of time looking at this car, but even now see new things.

Thanks again for sharing.

Nick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1