Fiat 806 GP full-scratchbuild 1:6

Ghost69

Good evening
Sorry I don't speak English and I use a translator hoping that he will translate my words correctly.
I discovered one day your forum and especially several subjects concerning the Fiat 806 GP...I read and reread the subjects several times, it was so exciting that I wanted to make this car with my own hands.
Thank you to all those who contributed to these subjects. I am not going to name them, there are many of them and I am afraid I will forget some of them.
All this is a hobby, I like all the realisations whether they are more or less close to reality. You have to know how to accept people's choices.
Not long ago I discovered with great admiration Harvey's work on his Fiat 1/12 full-scratchbuild , I find his work so remarkable that I hesitated for a long time to present my work to you. I was largely inspired by his photos...too bad I didn't get them earlier. Thank you Harvey
So I'm making the Fiat 806 in 1/6 because I wanted to put a figurine in it...I won't tell you more for the moment.
I used the pictures I found on this forum...I made mistakes, many mistakes. I redid some things and not others.
I wanted to make a car with the materials I had at home.
I wanted to do something I had never done before. I didn't know how to use a metal lathe (which I got for my birthday), I had never used a 3D printer (making wheel rims and hubs), it had been 40 years since I had made polyester resin (bodywork) and I had never used plastic plates (engine).
Enough words now the pictures (a lot of things have been corrected in the meantime, but it doesn't matter).
I hope you'll enjoy all this ;o)

The car will be 60 cm long

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 10

I will move faster in the photos.
Most of them are out of date, I've redone some things. 
As time goes by I have gained experience and I will want to redo everything...but I'm at a level too far so I'm going on like this.
"Scratch" is a damn good experience. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Merci

Yes of course.

I cut the large pieces out of an aluminum dish that I shaped so that they looked like the plan.

I then formed a small aluminum bar so that it hugs the large part and I glued the whole with 2-component epoxy glue.

Tell me if the translator works well  🤣🤣  I don't know which is the best translator, I am testing several but often they translate not exactly the same.

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 3

Thank you Hannes.
I am only going to paint the bodywork and a few small parts and of course the engine as it is made of white pvc card.
I'm going to leave other things like aluminium, brass, copper...even if it's not real, it gives colour and I think it looks good.
The chassis will remain in unpainted aluminium. 
I think it's a pity to paint everything, but if someone wants to do it I respect their choice. 
Come back, you will see  😉

• Like 5

Thanks guys for your welcome.

We continue ... the engine made of card and tubes pvc.

When the pieces are too big, I glue several pvc plates and I sculpt in it

🤔  Horror, I made a mistake on the clutch (I think that's it), I copied a picture of the model found on the net and the result is not good.

If one day I have a bit of courage I'll do it again...but it's well hidden between the oil tank, yeah I have so many more things to do and keep going.... we'll see.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Ghost69 said:

e a mistake on the clutch (I think that's it

It's actually a brake-servo. The clutch is between the engine and gearbox.

Despite the little mistake (these things happen, lol), your work looks good. The servo repositioning should be a pretty straight-forward fix, so keep it up and be brave:thumbsup:

Cheers, H

• Like 1

Was notified of Hannes' post and took a sneak peak of the engine... looks brilliant! Will read all unread posts later though, I'm quite busy with all kinds non-modelling, as our house unfortunately caught flame three weeks ago and we're in the process of many administrative things. Beside that, busy at the job. In brief regarding the fire, nobody was hurt, lot of damage to the house and the stuff inside it. If you feel the urge or wish to respond to this, please don't do so in this topic. I'll write a post in my Delage-topic, see hier

As said I look forward to going through the unread part of this thread as it looks amazing. Fortunately the engine is one of those aspects of the build that can be reproduced quite well, as blueprints have survived. 

• Like 1

Ok, thank you very much.
I understand better, I was thinking "but it's not possible to have clutch discs like this and then sticking out of the gearbox".
Yes, I will certainly correct this, it's not very complicated and I've also made my car so that everything can be taken apart "easily".
Thanks

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One question, it seems to me that not long ago I saw in one of the subjects on the 806 the principle of these 2 cranks with 3 branches. If anyone remembers and if he can tell me the subject and the page, thank you.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hello
We move on to the next one...the cooling circuits 
(Note: the top of the engine has since been repainted and the main circuit on the engine has been shortened. ).

spacer.png

Edited by Ghost69
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2