Amusing Hobby 1/35 Conqueror Mk.I

Hey all,

Here's my rendition of the new Conqueror kit from Amusing Hobby. I picked this up from a recent pre-covid to the Tank Museum, Bovington after I kinda fell in the love with the real thing... What a beast!

The kit is OOB except from the Aber gun barrel, because the original was a bit naff and basic. I also scratchbuilt a canvas mantlet cover out of milliput.

I painted her using Tamiya Acrylics, namely XF-58 Olive Green, which may have looked a bit light but after a bit of weathering it created a good scale representiation.

Weathering was with oil paints either thinned and used as washes or used as a dot filter. 

The tracks were plastic and click together, which were nice, but the joins weren't too strong as the tips of the plastic pins that were meant to snap into place snapped off instead. So fitting them to the model were fun... They were weathered with a burnt sienna & raw umber wash mixed 1:1 together. I then crushed up a pencil lead and rubbed it over the high points to create a metallic effect.

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0068.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0074.jpg

Thanks for looking, and apologies for the lighting but i'm just settling in with a new photobox and I've yet to adjust the lights in my new setup

Sam

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Model Mate said:

very nice indeed! What did you use for the light lenses? They look amazing!

The lights were made from using a pack of kids assorted plastic gemstone stickers I got from Hobbycraft

Thanks for all of your interest guys!

Sam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...