What a great job of research, planning, design

and scratch building to achieve a stunning result, especially the rhd conversion ! Some meaty loads you carried in those days.

I'm more than impressed ! And I'd be interested in the story of the transformer, when the spirit moves you.

Errr....pic #7......is that you or your oppo apparently peeing on the wheel.......??  :o}

Rog

Great story and an outstanding model.    I think models that you have an attachment to are the best ones and will bring back a memory every time you look at it.

Well, I'm somewhat lost for words!  That is a most awesome truck model!

As a Queenslander myself, I am thoroughly familiar with Brambles trucks plying our highways.

Chances are I've crossed that Calliope River bridge more than a few times too.

Your work is very inspiring to me.  I'm presently building a Revell Kenworth W900 and an AMT Peterbilt 952.

I've been a born-again modeller since the early 90's but have not built a truck kit since I was about 13 years old (circa mid-70's).

I'm really enjoying my return to truck modelling - although much less ambitious than your beautiful Road Boss!

Thanks for the inspiration! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I "liked" this build earlier this week but didn't have time to comment. It's a fantastic build and I can see how that trailer took a while, what with all the detail you put on it. Excellent work. The load looks heavy even in scale 🙂 

@kapam It would be nice to have your truck builds as a WIP on the forum, we need more of them! 

1 hour ago, radish1us said:

"It would be nice to have your truck builds as a WIP on the forum, we need more of them! " ---------

Given up on building model trucks from kits and highly modifying them, now into scratchbuilding only, sorry about that. 🙂

Nothing to be sorry about I'd say. 

By the way I asked Mr. "Kapam" if he could show the truck builds he mentioned in the "Work In Progress" section, but now that you mentioned your scratch building efforts, I for one would be very interested to see how you went about that so that would be interesting to follow as well. Next time you start a project, maybe you could share the proceedings with us.

Thanks! I'm that guy that doesn't have Facebook so I could only see a few pics but it's truly amazing. I'm moving house next year and I'll have way more modelling space and to celebrate that fact I have the 1/16 Peterbilt 359 coming in. For me it's better to use a kit as a starting point 😉 ... But I will be converting it and adding detail, on my own level of course 🙂 Builds such as yours are very inspiring.