Massachusetts ANG F-106 Delta Dart

reini

Hi there,

F-102 & F-106 is looking to be a popular subject in this GB - which is no surprise as they are pretty cool airplanes :)

I will join in with the Meng F-106:

50581538448_95eec214a6_o.jpg

50582271891_1918992fbd_o.jpg

Box is literally full. Or bit more than full, all the parts don't really fit the box that well... I need a bigger box!

50581538388_9c7e21e573_o.jpg

It's a big pile of plastic. Not gonna take shots of each sprue...

50581538418_4936e0777e_o.jpg

... but just a detail shot showing the finely moulded panel lines - nice and crisp!

50581538368_11969d5cf8_o.jpg

Instructions and decals.

50582395302_8d92fbd756_o.jpg

But I will be using these aftermarket decals, 101st Fighter Interceptor Squadron of the Massachusetts Air National Guard´. That's a nice light blue that I will think look great. I just have to find a paint to match it as some of the details such as the insides of the airbrakes are painted with same/similar colour.

Also thinking of getting the F-106 stencils by Fundekals as suggested by @Aardvark in another thread.

Other aftermarket I have been thinking is the Master pitot tube (I'm always willing to use those, if available) and maybe the Meng resin sets but we will see. The kit looks pretty darn good as is.

Thanks for looking in. Really looking forwards to building this bird :) 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oooh good to see this comes with the Montana ANG markings. I want to do mine in that set. Mind if I follow your build ? 

Please do, take a seat :D

Will you be building it for this GB? 

• Thanks 1

That is a nice looking kit. Quite the opposite to the Amodel one! That you can get the parts back into the box means you'll definitely have to build it now ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you... No Its on my too buy list but keeps getting pushed for other things. Maybe the Xmas will be the year. 

I know what you mean, it's little bit pricey. Certainly took me a while before pulling the trigger. But it seems to be worth it - we will find out soon enough :)

3 hours ago, Col. said:

That is a nice looking kit. Quite the opposite to the Amodel one! That you can get the parts back into the box means you'll definitely have to build it now ;) 

Indeed! Its been out of the box quite many times now and Ive never quite managed to get it back in. It is time. 

• Like 3

Hi Serge,

Yes, getting decals and the like must be pretty difficult with the current situation where you live. 😧

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB

23 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

Nice choice. I am also Planning on building ones of these for this GB, though currently undecided on decal option.

Caracal and Xtradecal both make some nice decals for the F-106, plus Fundekals make some unusual early F-106 squadron markings they also make a comprehensive stencil sheet with national markings and code numbers so that any serial number can be made. :like:

• Like 1