Revell 1/48 P-61 Black Widow, "Midnight Mickey"

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Great Job Nikola !!

Revell 1/48 ? Is it the old Monogram perchance ?

I really enjoy your weathering, Congrats !!

Sincerely.

CC

Hi Corsaircorp, 

Thank you very much! Glad you like her! 

Yes, as far as I know it's the old Monogram, '70s I think. 

Best, 

Nikola

• Thanks 1

Nicely done Widow ! :thumbsup:.... Ive built 4 of these since the 80’s and I enjoy them everytime. The only issue im aware of is nose weight and having to fiddle the newer canopies. The old canopies on the early moulds never had the shrinkage issue. Looks like you nailed both. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent job on a difficult kit. Nice touch with the tarps, I think it suits the feel of the aircraft getting ready for ops or preparing for bed.

Weathering is top notch.

Very nicely done.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 5:36 PM, Matthew1974 said:

The sun fading technique you used is first rate!  I have this kit scheduled up for the interceptor group build and hope I can get to half the level you achieved.  Well done!

Hi Matthew, 

Thank you! Appreciated!

Just arm yourself with patience for cleaning of the parts, filling and sanding and you will have a lot of fun for sure. 

Also, make sure to stuff the radome full of lead because otherwise it'a tail sitter for sure. 

Looking forward to your build. 

Best, 

Nikola

On 11/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, Pete in a shed said:

Great job, Fantastic finish and clever use of the tarps!:like:

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, 

Thank you very much! Appreciated! 

As I said, the tarps were more of a necessity, but they added another element of fun to the project, and I learned something new which I will definitely consider for future builds. 

Best, 

Nikola

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, Nikola Topalov said:

Hi Matthew, 

Thank you! Appreciated!

Just arm yourself with patience for cleaning of the parts, filling and sanding and you will have a lot of fun for sure. 

Also, make sure to stuff the radome full of lead because otherwise it'a tail sitter for sure. 

Looking forward to your build. 

Best, 

Nikola

Already stocking up on new sanding sticks!  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 11:41 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Excellent weathering! A beautiful Black Widow. I would love to make models that look even half as good as this one. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

Hi Chris, 

Thank you very much for the kind words! Appreciated! I am very glad you like her. 

Best, 

Nikola

Amazing job, Nikola. I have this kit in my stash and every time I want to build it, I take one look at the molding quality (like you said, "shot") I think to myself, Now do I REALLY want a P-61 in 1/48 THAT bad? ...And back it goes into the stash again. I commend you on doing such a great build and to use an English idiom, turning a pig's ear into a silk purse!

On 11/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, jannie said:

Amazing job, Nikola. I have this kit in my stash and every time I want to build it, I take one look at the molding quality (like you said, "shot") I think to myself, Now do I REALLY want a P-61 in 1/48 THAT bad? ...And back it goes into the stash again. I commend you on doing such a great build and to use an English idiom, turning a pig's ear into a silk purse!

Thank you Jannie! Much appreciated! I am very glad you like it. :)

There is a saying that one should swallow the largest frog first, so that's what I did. Everything else in my stash should hopefully be "a smaller frog" :)

Best, 

Nikola

Edited by Nikola Topalov