Soviet sentinel

Col.

2 hours ago, Jabba said:

Very good work in getting those rail right. I will possibly cheat with those and have a look in my A Model kit to see if they are there.

The ones in my kit were a flash ridden mess so it turned out easier to make new ones but hopefully yours are more useful.

54 minutes ago, Col. said:

The ones in my kit were a flash ridden mess so it turned out easier to make new ones but hopefully yours are more useful.

Had a quick look after my last post and they seem to be very useable, a little bit of scraping required and hopefully getting them off the sprue will not prove to difficult (thick attachment pieces).

• Like 1

Minor progress again. Fitted the side windows and masked up the glazing then painted the radome and wheelhubs with Humbrol's Hu131

2021-01-29_08-00-12

Anyone else had strange behaviour from certain tins of Humbrol enamel lately? The 131 seemed a bit thinner than usual but dried much faster. Four coats on the radome within 24 hours. Once that and the fin panels are masked up I'll add the various aerials and probes (one of which will have to be scratch-build since Trumpeter couldn't be bothered) then hopefully the weather will warm up enough for spray painting to commence.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Edging ever closer to the main painting stage Col, the paint on the nose cone and wheels looks to be a good match for the real thing.

I've only ever seen 131 referred to as 'Mid Green' but it's the closest colour I've found to what's shown in all the photos I've come upon either on-line or in books so that's what I use it for :) 

• Like 1