SAMI/MAM AND SMMI November issue not in shops

WarthogMKL

Wondered if they had ever come out as they did not appear up this way so did a search earlier today and on Newsstand.co.uk the next issue - Volume 21 No.4 - of Model Aircraft is shown as being due on 05.05.22 (tomorrow) , previous issue is shown as Volume 21. No.2 (the one with the free 1/144 Battle kit) released on 06.02.22 no mention of No.3 and I did not bother searching for their other titles.

21 hours ago, Hardtarget said:

Still seen nothing of this MOB and their mags in establishments. Saw somethinng on SAM FB account that 'Inclusion of 14.99 book have led to delays due to additional weight.' Make that of what you will. They do realise that they need to pay for the additional postage for this book and mag combo.

HI, please can you edit your post and make clear you that mean the Scale Aviation Modelling International ( aka 'SAMI') Facebook page.  SAM - Scale Aircraft Modelling is owned, and successfully run and published, by an entirely separate company - Guidelines Publications Ltd. We are no way linked to SAMI.

cheers

Jon Tabinor

• Like 6

On 05/05/2022 at 13:25, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

SAM - Scale Aircraft Modelling is owned, and successfully run and published, by an entirely separate company - Guidelines Publications Ltd. We are no way linked to SAMI.

Jon,

My local (Kidderminster) branch of Smiths still hasn't had the May issue of SAM - your magazine - they are saying it's distribution difficulties.

They had the May issue of Model Airplane on time. Is this a bit of W H Smiths incompetence or have you had some localised distribution problems?

I have an unrelated magazine which publishes on the 1st wednesday of the month. It too was missing and the newsagent said the deliveries were all over the place.

I collected it today.

46 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Jon,

My local (Kidderminster) branch of Smiths still hasn't had the May issue of SAM - your magazine - they are saying it's distribution difficulties.

They had the May issue of Model Airplane on time. Is this a bit of W H Smiths incompetence or have you had some localised distribution problems?

There was an issue with May's as i had to write to Kim who sent a copy out. Might have been due to the chaps attending Mosun?

• Like 1

Don't know if it's related, but my subscription copy was late this month of SAM. Apparently they have switched from using RM to distribute to Citipost, and the person responsible had been on holiday and they didn't want to send out until this person was back to oversee! (was still delivered by RM do didn't make a blind bit of difference  in the end anyway!) However, the local Smiths, and Tesco all have the May issues of SAM in stock ( @Jon Kunac-Tabinor great issue by the way, and lovely tribute to the Roden artist!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Is this a bit of W H Smiths incompetence or have you had some localised distribution problems?

Experience with WH Smith over the years suggests that incompetence is a level of efficiency to which they aspire.

I was out and about yesterday and saw that local Newsagent and Tesco both had May SAM on their shelves while local WH Smith did not although at one time magazine deliveries there were being made late afternoon separately from the early morning newspaper deliveries so perhaps it arrived later in the day.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Des said:

Experience with WH Smith over the years suggests that incompetence is a level of efficiency to which they aspire.

I was out and about yesterday and saw that local Newsagent and Tesco both had May SAM on their shelves while local WH Smith did not although at one time magazine deliveries there were being made late afternoon separately from the early morning newspaper deliveries so perhaps it arrived later in the day.

Our local Tesco had a revamp just before Christmas and reduced the number and range of magazines and books it sold. It never sold SAM, but it did, for a few months, sell SAMI !!!

The only place I've seen the modelling magazines here in Kidderminster is Smiths. 

Apparently Smiths will be getting it next week.

Incidentally, Smiths had copies of SAMI with a free booklet, Building the Me 109. I picked one up with a copy of Airfix Model World.

6 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Don't know if it's related, but my subscription copy was late this month of SAM. Apparently they have switched from using RM to distribute to Citipost, and the person responsible had been on holiday and they didn't want to send out until this person was back to oversee! (was still delivered by RM do didn't make a blind bit of difference  in the end anyway!) However, the local Smiths, and Tesco all have the May issues of SAM in stock ( @Jon Kunac-Tabinor great issue by the way, and lovely tribute to the Roden artist!)

Just for balance, my copy of SAM arrived as normal this month., so evidently the changed postal distribution process didn't affect everywhere.   I agree - excellent issue & a nice tribute.

John B

Hi chaps- please do let us know if your subscription copies haven't arrived. We can feed this back to ensure it doesn't repeat.
We did indeed change our fulfilment company for subscribers as we felt that in the long run it would provide a far more efficient level of service- especially to Europe. I'm sorry if there's been the odd hiccup as the first issue has gone out with them, but it should settle down now. I suspect that the long long Easter weekend just beforehand may also have just added its own twist too.

I'm also glad the tribute to Valeriy was well received too. War always takes the kindest and best first.

cheers

Jonners

• Like 1