SAMI/MAM AND SMMI November issue not in shops

WarthogMKL

Simple answer why Nov SAMI issue is missing is that we only have a few copies left so we have taken it off sale so the few we have got left go to subscribers missing there copies. Also why I supplied a return envelope to the customer who got one in error. Not something we normally do .

Also before any more silly rumours start as some know for the last year I have also  looked after internet orders from home. I am also a first responder for the ambulance service and so  I have been self testing for COVID and two days ago I got a positive test. I have had a confirmation test but if the result is positive this may have a knock on effect to internet orders for the 10 days as I will have to isolate. Once I get the confirmed result we will start working that problem.

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 5:34 PM, treker_ed said:

Not seen them in our local smiths...

Still waiting on copies purchased direct at the beginning of December when they appeared on the website - emailed them about them and replacements sent out last week - not seen hide nor hair of our postie this week at all; seems to have been hibernating after Christmas! 

Received my copies in todays post - but it would seem that they are the second copies posted out, and not the originals. No idea where these have gone - they seem to have vanished into the black hole of missing mail items!

Just back from my local newsagent who had enquired with their distributor which I think is still John Menzies Distribution about the December issues and was told that delivery had been expected into their warehouse on 24th. December but the magazines did not appear and there has been no further word about them or a delivery date for the January issue.

More for subscribers I guess, but a list of those areas affected by postal delays, has been released by the RM on the BBC News website, pasted below...

Ashford (TN23-TN27)

Barnsley (S70, S71, S72 and S75)

Basildon (SS13-SS16)

Bow (E3)

Bury St Edmunds (IP28-IP33)

Chelmsford (CM1-CM3)

Christchurch (BH23)

Daventry (NN11)

Debden (IG7-IG10)

Enfield (EN1-EN3)

Grays (RM16-RM20)

Hampton (TW12)

Highbury (N5)

Hornsey (N8)

Horsham (RH12, RH13)

Ilford (IG1-IG6)

Leeds City (LS1-LS5)

Lewisham (SE13)

Magherafelt (BT45, BT46)

Margate (CT7-CT9)

Rugeley (WS15)

Somerton (TA11)

South Ockendon (RM15)

South Woodford (E18)

Upper Holloway (N7)

Wandsworth (SW18)

Wellington (TA21)

Widnes (WA8)

Link to the report...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55591063

Edited by Tony C
  • Thanks 1

I've e-mailed them 3 times  asking about the dec issue since 18 dec and have been told each time it should be with me nxt week . been a month now and still no issue. Im in Durham

Edited by Niknak

Emailed them yesterday about the January issues not being available in print. In theory, they should have been available at the end of December, beginning of January, however now at end of Jan and still no sign. They are available though, as digital issues! The reply back was that they will be in the shops and on website from the 29th January. I must admit to being a little surprised about that, as that is when I would expect the Feb 2021 issue to be going on sale! 

1 hour ago, Nigel Bunker said:

I wonder if SAMI & MAM will ever be seen again in the shops?

Could we sadly be seeing the demise of these 2 magazines, I have contacted them several times and each time I get the same response(excuse) the magazines are in the post or they are being posted this week.

It all seems to have gone wrong since MA Publications took over the magazines. up until then I always had the magazines on time.

Edited by dwh
incorrect spellings

11 minutes ago, dwh said:

Could we sadly be seeing the demise of these 2 magazines, I have contacted them several times and each time I get the same response(excuse) the magazines are in the post or they are being posted this week.

It all seems to have gone wrong since MA Publications took over the magazines. up until then I always had the magazines on time.

The last time last week I got the option of cancelling my subscription and getting a refund. Think I should of taken the offer. 

14 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Emailed them yesterday about the January issues not being available in print. In theory, they should have been available at the end of December, beginning of January, however now at end of Jan and still no sign. They are available though, as digital issues! The reply back was that they will be in the shops and on website from the 29th January. I must admit to being a little surprised about that, as that is when I would expect the Feb 2021 issue to be going on sale! 

Still waiting up this end of the country for the December issues to appear , distributor has no knowledge either.

5 hours ago, dwh said:

More of a sideways move than a takeover.

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I do hope the guy, I think it is Mark is okay as he has mot posted since about the Magazine. I have not had the December or January issues yet either. 

Chris

I think that it is Dave that you mentioned and yes I hope that all is well with him. Januarys is not on the web site as yet so I do think that it is out. Still no Nov or Dec issues for me.

• Like 1

I am slowly recovering from Covid but has not stopped mr working just have lots f naps. We have more December issues being delivered soon so If you have not received you December  issue phone or email using the contact us page on www.modelaircraftmag.com. Jan issue is expected in next 7 -10 days as Printer has been closed by COVID but has now reopened though not with full staffing. And new distributor means it should be back at most newsagents as well as with subscribers. Some one mentioned that since MA took over last feb there have been a lot of issues. But we have had delays on 4 of the 9 issue March/April and  November/ December which coincided with Covid peaks and Lockdowns and the loss of 40% of retail outlets in the world that sells our titles not an ideal time to take over the titles I think you will agree. I have always been honest in my replies with the latest info I have but it changes daily on Friday the 8th Jan we were told that our 800 spare copies would be dispatched on Monday 12th only for the printers to close for 10 days the magazines have now been despatched but we are still waiting for the courier to deliver to us they are now saying Friday but I will believe it when I have them in my hands. And absolutely nothing we can do about it so very frustrating for us and our customers.

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Jabba said:

I think that it is Dave that you mentioned and yes I hope that all is well with him. Januarys is not on the web site as yet so I do think that it is out. Still no Nov or Dec issues for me.

this is my response above date 19/01/21 regarding the january issue

Emailed them yesterday (18/01/21) about the January issues not being available in print. In theory, they should have been available at the end of December, beginning of January, however now at end of Jan and still no sign. They are available though, as digital issues! The reply back was that they will be in the shops and on website from the 29th January. I must admit to being a little surprised about that, as that is when I would expect the Feb 2021 issue to be going on sale! 

This now ties in with WarthogMKL comment above about the printer being closed at the beginning of Jan for 10 days, and only just reopening - if they are closed, they cant print, if they cant print, cant get the magazine out for physical sale. But, as they are produced digitally, they can produce a digital version! Makes complete sense!

Thanks @WarthogMKL for the info and hope your health is improving daily. Considering your other job - not surprised you contracted Covid-19! Best of wishes to you and your family. Hope to see you soon at MK Club night!

John B

4 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Thanks @WarthogMKL for the info and hope your health is improving daily. Considering your other job - not surprised you contracted Covid-19! Best of wishes to you and your family. Hope to see you soon at MK Club night!

John B

Strangely do not think I got it at work as I had no covid jobs  and we always wear full PPE on all jobs now, add to that I was off duty for the  8 days before I got symptoms and then tested positive on my twice weekly test.  I blame the wife as she works in hospital. LOL Hoping to be back on duty on Sunday if all goes to plan. Really hoping for a quite first shift but SCAS have been very very busy in MK this week. 

Still no December issue of SAMI for me, I renewed my subscription in November and seeing that the publication date has now moved to the end of the month, from the beginning of the month I suspect that I will now only revived 5 issue in my subscription and not the 6 I was expecting.  Should have l learnt from the problems last Marche when the March/April issue was combined and my subscription expired in March - did not get the combined issue as my subscription had expired before the publication date!

I will until the 7th Feb to see if any is received and if not will ask for a full refund and open a case with Paypal.

On 1/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, 1903flight said:

Still no December issue of SAMI for me, I renewed my subscription in November and seeing that the publication date has now moved to the end of the month, from the beginning of the month I suspect that I will now only revived 5 issue in my subscription and not the 6 I was expecting.  Should have l learnt from the problems last Marche when the March/April issue was combined and my subscription expired in March - did not get the combined issue as my subscription had expired before the publication date!

I will until the 7th Feb to see if any is received and if not will ask for a full refund and open a case with Paypal.

I am posting a statment in a minute but if you paid for six issues you will get six issue.

Topic has been re-opened.

MA Publications are getting good feedback from affected members here, hopefully that will result in a solution for those who have been affected.

However it also looks like these threads have been used as an opportunity/soapbox  by a member who has had his subscription refunded and has also been abusive to MA Publications staff.

BM is not to be used as that soapbox or to carry on any issues anyone has elsewhere. The Mod team and BM will not be caught in the middle. We will just hide any unneeded posts and restrict access.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, FAA said:

Is anyone else still not getting their issues of MAM and SAMI?  The last I received were the November issues! (Its April now)

Have a look at this thread, as it is more up to date with what is meant to be happening.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Well following pn from the uncertainty regarding SAMI and MAMI it's now late April and W.H.Smiths haven't got either magazine. Looking at their websites the "latest issues" of both are January '22. So glad I didn't renew my subscription when it was due at the end of 2021 otherwise I would have been considerably out of pocket. 

The "Covid problems" they have had do not appear to have affected any other modelling magazines. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still seen nothing of this MOB and their mags in establishments. Saw somethinng on SAMI FB account that 'Inclusion of 14.99 book have led to delays due to additional weight.' Make that of what you will. They do realise that they need to pay for the additional postage for this book and mag combo.

Edited by Hardtarget