SAMI/MAM AND SMMI November issue not in shops

WarthogMKL

I get fed up with people beating up the Royal.Mail and parcel force probably same people who dont like the beeb....quality tv try living aomewhere else then you can see the difference btw cant remember which mag but i saw Dec and Jan in Smiffs which I thought noteworthy😀

Addendum....so it seems that Royal Mail is a PLC so er....ive got it wrong ....in which case in the absence of a state run post office....i guess its a free for all and you get what you pay for....hmm 

Edited by junglierating
  • Like 1

January issue of SAM arrived today, still no sign of (possibly!) three copies of Nov SAMI.  Inquired today, another copy will be sent and Decembers apparently went out Monday.  I'm not holding my breath.

December issues not in my local newsagent yet and not shown as imminent on their weekly listing from the distributor although this time of year routines do get a bit disrupted.

Was in WH Smith this morning and they still have the October issues on the shelf.

19 hours ago, kingcanberra said:

January issue of SAM arrived today, still no sign of (possibly!) three copies of Nov SAMI.  Inquired today, another copy will be sent and Decembers apparently went out Monday.  I'm not holding my breath.

Mine arrived today at its usual time just before the end of the month. Still no sign of Nov SAMI or the two replacements that have sent. So as we have been saying all along it is nothing to do with how the post is being delivered.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2020 at 18:00, PhoenixII said:

I

For reference, RM have only been sorting 1st class mail on Friday and Saturday and only delivering 1st class post on a Monday for at least the last six months, as their main money maker is packets and parcels. 2nd class mail is still sorted Monday and delivered Tuesday through Friday, 'printed paper' falls under 2nd class mail.

Not true in my 1st hand expierance, I have been routinely recieving 1st class the day after the item has been posted midweek, with only the odd glitch, where it has taken a day longer.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

23 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Not true in my 1st hand expierance, I have been routinely recieving 1st class the day after the item has been posted midweek, with only the odd glitch, where it has taken a day longer.

To clarify my first post (the one you quoted), I posted the following 24 hours later to clear up any misunderstandings:-

.........the current (CV19) order of business is to sort AND deliver all 1st class mail Monday through Saturday, with the sorting of 2nd class mail suspended on Friday and Saturday with no 2nd class post being delivered on Monday, (unless already sorted) but with 2nd class mail being sorted on Monday for onward delivery Tuesday through Saturday. This enables Royal Mail to get the backlog of packets and parcels out to the customer.

The above information has been given to me by at least five current posties out of my old delivery office, and all known to me, why should they make it up?

Paul                       

As Lincoln only has a delivery office, the sorting office(s) that your mail came through are working as advertised, for first class post.

Not seen them in our local smiths...

Still waiting on copies purchased direct at the beginning of December when they appeared on the website - emailed them about them and replacements sent out last week - not seen hide nor hair of our postie this week at all; seems to have been hibernating after Christmas! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

Still waiting on copies purchased direct at the beginning of December when they appeared on the website - emailed them about them and replacements sent out last week 

Welcome to our world, to paraphrase Jim Reeves.

I did get a magazine today, the IPMS one not SAMI.

I ordered the December SAMI and MA on 13th December, received on 28th December the December and November SAMI (purchased in November).

Emailed on 28th, received December MA on 2nd December with a return envelope for the low-end Nov. SAMI.

I'm not unhappy with the service overall.

I received this email today from MA publications

Dear Valued Subscribers,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support through 2020 and we hope for a better 2021. We have many exciting plans to make sure Model Aircraft Magazine, Scale Aviation Modeller International and Scale Military Modeller International become better than ever. We are constantly evolving and looking at new ways to make the magazines the very best for our valued readership. 

We would like to firstly apologise for the poor delivery service you have received in recent months. We have now taken the necessary steps to move to a new mailing company and we believe you will start to see an improvement from the January issues. 

Please email [email protected] should you have any problems that you need to raise with us regarding missing issues. We are currently working with Royal Mail whilst they investigate the missing copies from the last few months. This is an ongoing investigation. 

UK December Issue: Please allow another week for the delivery of the December issues in the UK, we are chasing Royal Mail but this is the timescale they have advised currently during the current pandemic. 

International December Issue: We are working with our international mailing partners and they have advised they are doing the best they can to deliver your magazines in a timely manner but as with the UK this has not been easy during the current pandemic.

We will keep our website as up to date as possible with the latest published major postal delays, as per the Royal Mail website. 

We would also like to apologise for the magazines running later than they used to. This is due to our printers breaking down in October. With the current pandemic they struggled to rectify the issue as quickly as usual and this has led to a knock-on effect. We are aiming to be back up to date by the end of this month. This has no effect on the number of magazines you will receive; 12 issues means 12 issues, 6 issues means 6 issues, etc.

We wish you all a Happy and Safe New Year and look forward to sharing our new and exciting plans as the year progresses. 

Kind regards

The Team at MA Publications

2 hours ago, Tony C said:

Seems that the November 2020 Issue of SAMI is no longer on the MA website

https://www.modelaircraftmag.com/webshop/scale-aviation-modeller-international/sami-latest-issue/

Are we watching a magazine die a slow death?

It's available as a back issue - so still on the website!