Another 1/72 S.79 Sparviero. More Italeri goodness.

A couple days ago I started working on the Italeri S.79, and before I knew it, I got this far already. It's a simple kit with not that many parts, but still reasonably detailed. I sprayed the interior with Tamiya XF-20 and used some of that Tamiya panel line wash. The instrument panel is just a decal, and since you won't be able to see much inside the cockpit when it's all closed up and all, I'm fine with that. I don't bother with seatbelts either.

NlrocRu.jpg

And now with the fuselage closed and the lower wing in place.

QqPPFoH.jpg

It'll probably be ready for paint by next week. :)

• Like 17

@JOCKNEY, it is basically a heavily diluted enamel. You just brush it on panellines and other detail, let it dry a little, and then wipe it off with some cloth, or a cotton bud or whatever, using a mild enamel thinner. I used Mig's odourless thinner. Just make sure you apply it on an acrylic (glossy) surface, or the thinner will also eat away your paint if you have used enamels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have sprayed some Humbrol 91 on it. According to that Stormo article, this is supposed to be a match for Verde Oliva Scuro 2. I'm not so sure about this shade of green, it looks a bit too blueish to my taste, and not enough olivy. I will order some VOS 2 from other companies, and compare those, before moving on with the build. I also got the Osprey book about S.79 Torpedo bombers in WW2 today in the mail, looks like a good read.

Stay tuned!

wlgPtSA.jpg

• Like 5

I've sprayed the Grigio Azzurro on the underside, and unmasked the white band on the fuselage. This then got a rough respray with the VOS as on the real thing. I also resprayed the nose with a dark metallic, and removed the cowlings again and masked them off for the metallic exhaust collector rings. Quite pleased with everything so far.

CuD8KCF.jpg

• Like 9