Fujimi 1/72 Phantom FGR2

rafalbert

Hi guys,

I have so many potential entries for this it is ridiculous, but we will start with this one. I started it during the last Phantom GB to build alongside a Matchbox one but it stalled somewhat (often the case...). I am planning on finishing it in a standard 29 Sqn finish.

Dave

IMG_20201108_172832

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, now Christmas is over and I have had time to sort my head out somewhat I am back on it. The 3 greys are done, now need to paint the white aerials and give it a Klear coat prior to decalling (metallic areas will be addressed last).

IMG_20201229_174844

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A rush at the end but she is done. I have made errors throughout; the missiles have no decals (none came with the kit), the intake join was not addessed correctly, I dropped it about a week ago which has resulted in some joins being "sprung" and one of the ejection seat handles has disappeared inside the fuselage...the list goes on. One main issue is that I donated the one-piece canopy to improve a Matchbox kit and the separate pieces were really not meant to be used in a closed setting. As a result they do not sit well together and I hadn't noticed that the rear canopy had slipped sideways a little when it was drying. The kit came with rockets rather than sidewinders so I stole the relevant parts from the Airfix kit as I have never seen a grey 29 Sqn machine armed without missiles. The result is far from perfect but it will look fine on my shelf.

IMG_20210207_154117 IMG_20210207_154125 IMG_20210207_154133 IMG_20210207_154159

With her Matchbox sister:

IMG_20210207_154242

• Like 1