1:48 SAAF Mirage F1 AZ ESCI/Italeri+ Scaleworx Resin conversion

Hi all, 

Here is my 1:48 SAAF Mirage F1 AZ Border war made using the old ESCI kit and Scale Worx conversie for the AZ nose and diffierent bumps and lumps. This was a enjoyable build it just got lost somewhere on the way for the last 5 years.  

Decals are MAV and paints Humbrol. except for the ferry tanks.  The latter were scratch-built as was the  center line bomb racks.  

20201108_145818.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20201108_145552.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20201108_145504.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20201108_145409.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20201108_145342.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20201108_145334.jpg?width=1920&height=10

Enjoy 

Kind regards 

Brian 

• Like 17

Very smart. I have an ESCI F1CZ variant that I built years ago and is currently hibernating in a box in the loft; I'll bear that conversion set in mind, as it would be nice to pair it with an AZ variant.

I have happy memories of a younger version of me seeing the real thing in SA in the early 1980s and being suitably impressed.

Jon

• Like 1

That looks really good Brian. I reckon the SAAF scheme these wore is one of the best & your build has caught it well. I think those are the first MAV decals I have seen used. They look good on it. There may be some in my future. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mitchem said:

Very nice Brian. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I’ve got the F1-AZ conversion and enough Italeri F1 Mirages in the loft to shake a stick at. Your build may just be the inspiration I need. 🙂

Go for it Mitchem ! This AZ is one colour scheme but I really like the later one as well and with the Gabonesse colours. 

@Jonners  I would love to see these up close and personal. 

@stevehnz MAV decals ; great subject matter, cheap, min. packaging and instructions and the decals themselves are Alp-like decals and the resolution is ok  but not on a par wiith silk screen  decals. But al least the stencilling on the AZ was in Afrikaans !  

Thank you to everyone  for your  kind words. 

• Like 1

Hello Kirwan,

Good to see the SAAF on this website.

Job well done. I like the color scheme.

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1