1/72 SAAB J21A

grufsnik

It's time I jumped in and got cracking with this build. 

So a few of the usual pics, all the sprues look nice and clean, hopefully trouble free. 

DSC_1000

DSC_1001

DSC_1002

DSC_1002

DSC_1003

This will be built straight from the box, sweet and simple. 

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

God's how long has it been....... 🤔 🤔, starting to make a bit of progress now so going to try to keep it going now, I might even make the deadline!!!!

DSC_0981 DSC_0981

DSC_0982

DSC_0983

Sorry folks I can't delete the second image as my phone is being a pain in the bottom. 

Cockpit tub is together now too. 

DSC_0984

Thats all for now, thanks for looking. 

G

• Like 5

8 hours ago, grufsnik said:

God's how long has it been....... 🤔 🤔

Very long 🙂 

Good to have you back, and well worth a try getting it into the gallery I'd say. 

On 1/18/2021 at 9:25 AM, Richard Tucker said:

I've just bought this kit thanks to seeing it in the GB. I hope to start AND finish it within the next couple of weeks. Yours is looking good so far. What colour blue did you use for the spinner?

Hi Richard, the paint is a citadel base paint called Alaitoc blue um I think 🤔 🤔 it's the one I used at least(it looked about right color). I put the pot away then thought, aahhh ummm which one was that!!! 

Edited by grufsnik
Correction

Main assembly is now done but it's been a fight all the way with much cutting and trimming(some rural bad language) and no small amount of filling going on. 

The biggest problem is getting the tail booms in whilst stopping them twisting,its not as good as I would like but hey ho. 

DSC_0989

DSC_0990

Going back for more filling, sanding and start to think about getting the canopy on. 

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 1

Right finally back for more, got some primer on though used velejo surface primer brushed on not a rattle can as I'm going to have a go at hand painting and canopy spars cos I hate masking canopys. 

DSC_0992

DSC_0991

Not sure which paints I'm going to use yet, I've got some enamels to fall back on if needed but hoping to find some acrylics in the box that will be close enough. 

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 4

Hi,

During the Nordic GB last year there was quite a bit of discusion about the green uppersurface colour and the general concensus wat that Tamiya XF-61 was good for a "just painted" look, and Humbrol Hu 116 for a faded look, if that helps.

Pete

19 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi,

During the Nordic GB last year there was quite a bit of discusion about the green uppersurface colour and the general concensus wat that Tamiya XF-61 was good for a "just painted" look, and Humbrol Hu 116 for a faded look, if that helps.

Pete

Hi Peter, thanks I'll have a closer look. I currently have pulled humbrol 117 out as the most likely that I have at the moment. 

G