PANTHER D. ZVEZDA 1/35th ***FINISHED 12/12/2020***

DaveyGair

This morning was 'try my hand at spraying a two colour camo scheme then messing it up white paint!'

I just bunged some Green and Brown paint in the airbrush and had a bash at what crewman might do with the paint he had and a spray-gun.  The Star decals went on well, I applied them with a bit of 'Johnsons Klear' varnish to seal them in.  I then used a cotton-bud to apply a rough coat of white (in this case Vallejo Insignia White) in what I hope was a representation of it being applied by a large Brush/Broom type thing.

I realise I've forgotten to add the front mudguards which I will later, along with some tools etc. I still need to do a bit more weathering and matt the finish down a bit.

The three photos of the White-wash are done with a flash so look a bit different than the previous ones which were done in natural light/room lights.

More soon.

Davey.

DSC_0001 DSC_0002 DSC_0003 DSC_0004 DSC_0005 DSC_0006

• Like 6

Not far off being done with this.

I spotted this in a local well known large Hardware and 'junk you don't really need' shop for a couple of quid, looked fine enough for the rear deck vents.  Lots of slight bloodiness cutting it though 🙄

DSC_0007

Still needs front mudguards and final painting (new grilles especially) and weathering and we're done.

DSC_0008

Davey.

• Like 4

• DaveyGair changed the title to PANTHER D. ZVEZDA 1/35th ***FINISHED 12/12/2020***

Well, here we are at the end of what should have been a much quicker build!  Just a lack of modelling mojo at the moment didn't help, but I'm now done with this.

Went together really nicely, I'm in no way sure I have the colours and weathering right but I think it looks OK.

The base is just a generic one I made to take shots of my aircraft builds and in no way represents any part of a Wintery Europe!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, best of luck with your builds.

Oh, and all the best for Christmas and New Year.

Davey.

DSC_0015 DSC_0013 DSC_0016

• Like 6